Monday, March 30, 2015

Sunday, March 29th, 2015



I woke up at 6:15, after only getting up once during the night, and got up at 6:45.  I started taking items out of the closet intending to take my shower but Teresa woke up and convinced me to go back to bed because she hadn’t slept enough.

I woke/got up at 8:45 and Teresa was already up.  

I understand we want to leave early enough to get back before the afternoon rains.

We were outside the front of the finca and I asked Teresa if I should put Peter in the shed and Teresa signaled to wait a minute.  Immediately, I heard the sound of another dog in the distance and immediately Peter and one of the other terriers took off down the path.  Well, I guess we missed our opportunity to catch Peter.  

A few minutes later we were leaving and I was walking first up the path and I saw Peter coming down.  I gave him a dog biscuit, picked him up and Teresa helped me put him in the shed.

So officially we left the finca at 10:30 and got past the killer dogs undetected.  As we were coming down the path, Teresa as usual was ahead of me and flagged down a bus and I hustled down behind her and we were on our way.  The new soccer field now has the fencing up.

I’ve mentioned before they are building a highway near the main road.  A few miles towards town they are building a bridge and I’ve been observing one of the supports they’ve been working on.  At first it looked like just a column but they keep increasing its length in both directions.   That seems like quite an engineering feat, how they can add forms and pour cement without having ground to support it.

The bus driver dropped us off behind Home Center in Envigado and we walked to Exito.  

Teresa hadn’t had any breakfast so we stopped in their food court where she had fried chicken strips and French fries and I had a hot dog for 18mil.
It was 11:40 when Teresa told me she would like to go to church because this is the start of holy week.  We walked about 5 blocks to a church, got there at 11:55 and the service began promptly at noon.  We got out at 12:40 and I told Teresa that in my church back in the States the services are 2 hours long.

Back in Exito we picked up some much needed groceries, Teresa paid 109,155 pesos for them after borrowing 10mil from me.  She’s now broke and I’m down to my last 80mil.  I still have $300 in my checking account but I’m hoping to keep that and transfer it to my savings account at month end.

Once again Teresa stopped at the information desk, we presented our Cedulas, got some “magic” number, we went back in line at the cashiers, gave him the number, and I don’t know what happened.  I was given a “key” number and it seems that Teresa once again has discovered that my “points” cannot be exchanged for cash they can only be used towards specific purchases.  I hope we don’t have to go through that again.

We took a taxi to the highway and after a 15 minute wait we caught a direct minibus back to the sideroad.  It started raining slightly on the way but it wasn’t troublesome enough to even open my umbrella.

We got past the killer dogs undetected, Teresa made me one of my favorite dishes – ribs with a strawberry juice and we finished watching Jesse Stone: Benefit of the Doubt (7.0).  

It finally stopped raining.

We watched Awakenings (7.8), I took my sleeping pills at 11:30 and we went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: Caught in the act of techno.

No comments:

Post a Comment