Monday, March 16, 2015

Sunday, March 15th, 2015



I slept fairly well last night.

I no longer have that painful burning sensation when I pee.  It took almost a week to go away.

Now I have pain in my left wrist; pretty sure this is the beginning of arthritis.  I wonder if there’s medication that can alleviate the pain.  It’ll probably cost me a dollar or two to find out.  Lol.

At 10:45 Teresa announced she wanted to go to mass this morning.  She gave me three options Envigado, Caldas or Amaga.  I said either of the latter two and she chose Amaga.  She said something about having a friend who lives there.  She said mass begins at noon so we will have to leave at 11:30.

As far as I knew we were going to mass and coming back to the finca.  Maybe we would have lunch in Amaga and then return so I only brought 60 mil with me.
 
We left the finca at 11:30 and I paid my 1 dog biscuit toll.  We waited quite a while to catch a bus to Amiga.  We arrived at the church at 12:15 and all the seats were taken.  It seemed to end at 12:45 when most people left but the remainder crowded towards the altar.

We left 5 minutes later and walked through their park and a block further down the hill.  We walked up some stairs and she greeted Fernando who is the husband of her cousin and is an Orthodontist. 

He took us a block away to a small restaurant/bar with 8 tables where I had a Colombiana, Teresa had 2 Club Colombias (beers) and he had a cup of coffee.  I don’t know what it cost because he paid for everything.

A man came in with his shoeshine kit and talked to a couple sitting at the next table.  They had obviously finished eating and at one point he sat down and shoveled most of the other man’s uneaten food into a cup and started eating it.

A bus came by at 1:20 with young people hanging out of it, shouting and waving Atletico Nacional signs.  I understand they play Medellin this afternoon at 4:40pm.

Fernando asked me if I would like to visit the town of Cisneros.  I was told it is north of Medellin.  Teresa told me it isn’t expensive – about 300mil.  I replied that that’s more than $100 and we’re trying to save for a trip to Chicago.  She decided we could do that later.

Fernando left before us and when we finished we walked across the street and got on a bus back to the finca.  We had to wait 15-20 minutes before the bus hit the road.  Teresa stopped the bus at the side road to the finca and Wilson, Martha and Laura got on.  They were standing room only for the 5 minutes it took to get to El Rancherito.  It’s a nice restaurant with a large menu including pancakes, waffles and BBQ ribs.  I ordered the Cazuela Mexicana (without chicharron) even though it had a picture of a jalapeno pepper next to it so I expected it to be a little spicy.  I also ordered a strawberry juice and when they brought the drinks they placed it in front of me and then Laura moved it in front of her.  (I guess she ordered the same thing.)  She had a few sips of it and then they brought the strawberry milk shake she had ordered and I could see she was confused.  I took back my strawberry juice and she apologized.

I noticed in the menu that maple syrup is called miel de maple (honey maple).  I really enjoyed my food but it didn’t seem spicy at all.  Colombians, unlike Mexicans, do not like spicy foods.

When the check came it was 158,800 and I took out my lonely 60mil.  Teresa gave me back 20mil and then threw in another 60mil.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
We left about 3:45 and after a 5 minute wait were on a bus back to the finca.
I paid another dog biscuit to the doberman and then Teresa surprised me by telling me she didn’t want me to give any more dog biscuits to the neighbor’s dogs.  I guess I’m back to using pepper spray.

I finally got past Lenny’s Castle in Super Mario Bros so I can proceed to other lands.

I took my sleeping pills at 10:30 and went to bed at 10:45.

T-shirt of the day: It’s better this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment