Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Tuesday, March 24th, 2015



I slept well until 4am when Teresa got up.  After that I was just waiting for the alarm to go off because I wasn’t able to get back to sleep.  At 7am Teresa announced she hadn’t slept well (join the club) and wanted to get up at 8:30 so I reset the alarm.  At 8:30 I got up and after I came out of the shower at 8:50 Teresa got up.

I sent Alan an email informing him I would be arriving in Envigado later than planned.

We left the finca at 10:50 but the doberman quickly gave us a hard time until we were past the neighbor’s house and then he just followed us to the top of the hill.

The neighbor Guillermo joined us 5 minutes after we arrived at the highway.  Another couple was already there waiting for a bus.  We had to wait 10-15 minutes for a direct bus.  Once on the bus, standing room only, I was surprised the young man was able to play his guitar (of course it took two hands) while the bus slowed and accelerated around the mountain curves.

We were at Nueva eps by 11:45 and we took number 20 and they were servicing number 67 so I predicted this would be more than a one hour wait.
We walked out and back a block in the direction we had come and Teresa talked with someone for 45 minutes about taking an oil painting class.  She looked at the paintings on display and looked through a couple magazines.  One was in English – I think the title was Southwestern Art.  I understood the cost for the class is 50mil for 2-3 hours and is available afternoons from 3-5 from Monday thru Wednesday.  I think she’s leaning towards Wednesdays.

Back at Nueva eps at 12:30 they were servicing number 90.  I told Teresa I would be back in 30 minutes.  I walked the block to BanColombia and was surprised to see the area with 6 or so ATM machines was under construction.  But around the corner towards the bank lobby were a couple of ATM machines and I was able to use one after a short wait.  I walked down the block past Parque Envigado and called Alan but got his answering machine.  I walked down to the pharmacy but they didn’t have my Tamsulosin.  I stopped at an Internet café and printed out my mathematics lesson as a pdf file and it looks perfect now.  On my way back to Nueva eps I stopped at the billiard parlor and saw about 6 chess games underway. 

Back at Nueva eps at 1pm they were servicing number 9 and I wondered why Teresa seemed to be so excited.  I soon learned that some woman had traded numbers with her and she now had number 10.  She quickly got information for an appointment with an Urologist – again in Torre Medica (El Tesoro CC).  

We stopped at Carbón de Leña for lunch and I ordered their hamburger (this time minus fries) and Teresa ordered the pork plate.  Teresa’s food came first so she gave me a taste and I thought it was too tough to chew.  I ordered my hamburger without bacon and I also should have skipped the cheese.  It came with two patties, a big hunk of cheese, and lots of cooked onions.  The problem is that their sauce and onions are on both buns so the total thing is almost impossible to eat without all the everything sliding out.  A friend of Teresa’s stopped by and finally sat with us and had a juice.  The total came to 27mil.

We walked down to a nail supply store where Teresa bought a few bottles of nail polish and polish remover for 23 mil.

Alan called me and apologized for not answering his phone before but he explained he was in a bar with loud music and he never heard his phone ring.  I told him we’ll meet another time.

When we left, as we were walking across the street, a woman crossed in front of us.  She was very petite with maybe only a B cup chest but she should wear a larger bra because she was spilling out all over.

We stopped at the Sastreria (tailor shop) where Teresa spent about 30 minutes talking to the owner.  I think she had a couple blouses to be altered.
We walked down to Exito and I had an ice tea from a store with a small cooked pig on display.  Later I noticed my receipt said its name is Oink Colombia.  Lol.

We exchanged my shirt we bought on sale for a nicer one that cost me 5,000 pesos more.  We also bought a couple packages of spaghetti.

We took a taxi to the Envigado bus stop and quickly caught a bus back to the finca.  We got past the killer dogs undetected and were back before 5pm.
Teresa made spaghetti again.  Did I mention that it’s more like goulash?

We started watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (6.2) until Master Chef started.  Tonight they had to make Bandeja Paisa – a typical Colombian meal.

I realized I forgot to buy my Tamsulosin medicine when we were in Exito.  Laura doesn’t have school tomorrow but I understand she’s meeting friends so she’ll try to pick up my medicine in Caldas afterwards.  I also gave her 5mil to buy a nice notebook for her mathematics workbook/notes.

We started watching The Next 3 Days (7.4).  I took my sleeping pills at 10:30 and we went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: Life is a trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment