Saturday, March 7, 2015

Monday, March 2nd, 2015



I slept well, only getting up twice during the night.  Once again I dreamt I was in college, hadn’t been to any class in weeks and didn’t even have my schedule with me.    Lol.

Teresa called Natalia and confirmed that the clinic’s computer system is working so we should be able to make an appointment for me today.

My watch (a Timex) isn’t working properly so I need to buy a new battery for it.

Today we’re going to Envigado to pay bills and as soon as I get wi-fi access I’ll read my emails and see if the US lawyer rejected my request to use NotaryCam.com.  If so, we’ll go see the Medellin lawyer – James Lindzey.
We left the finca at 11am.

On the bus a salesman held a long strip of orange cloth about an inch wide and proceeded to “weave” it into a purse that he was selling for 5mil.  He showed how sturdy it was and the only way I could figure it stayed together was with velcro.

The bus was stopped at the Caldas crossing by the police.  An officer came onboard and collected everyone’s Cedula.  When he took mine it was obviously larger than the others because I have a laminated copy.  He took a look at it and said something in Spanish.  Teresa said something like I don’t speak Spanish and he gave it back to me and took the others outside.  They had a shelter set up where they apparently examined them.  I’m guessing they’re looking for fake or expired IDs.  I guess mine passed the test.  Ten minutes later he came back on the bus, returned all the id’s and we were on our way again.

At the Envigado station we took a taxi downtown to Carbón de Leña where we had lunch for 23mil.  I got a wi-fi connection and checked 24 emails but nothing from the US lawyer.

At 12:45 we were at Nueva eps and took number 20; they were on number 70.  There were no seats available upstairs where we were supposed to be so we sat downstairs.  

I went a block away and took 600mil out of Bancolombia’s ATM then got in line to pay my health insurance.  I was in the regular line when I noticed the special line (since I’m over 60) was shorter so I got in that one.  Then I noticed there were 7 people ahead of me but only one teller.  There were 5 tellers for the regular line where there were only about 20 people in that line so I switched again.  I paid my 110mil for my monthly insurance without any problem and headed back to the clinic.

The place was very stuffy and it was hard to take the heat.  Finally, at 3pm our number was called and without paying anything we received the address (Calle 7 #39-197 CS 1804) and phone number for our doctor.

We stopped in a store where Teresa checked some fabric but didn’t buy anything.

We stopped at Carbón de Leña again and had a couple juices and a slice of cake for 10,500 while I checked my emails.  Nothing new but I made a photo copy of my health insurance receipt and tried to send it to Natalia but later I saw it was still in my outbox.  I also tried to log into my USAA account but it said it couldn’t connect to the server.  I’m guessing the restaurant has a decent download speed but a vert slow upload speed.
Teresa was waiting for some woman to bring her some face cream for 85mil.  While she waited I went down the street and at the 2nd pharmacy I found my Isoklon sleeping pills for 60,700.

We walked up the street and I had a new watch battery put in for 5mil.

We took a taxi to the highway and after a 5 minute wait we were on our way in a direct bus to the finca.

The doberman challenged us again on the path but I distracted it with two dog biscuits.

Teresa showed me the 3-month municipal tax bill of 122,500.

I gave Laura 100mil to make the elliptical machine payment of 100mil for March.

I understand tomorrow someone from Une is supposed to come and fix the wi-fi.

I took my sleeping pills at 9:30 and went to bed at 10pm.

T-shirt of the day: Kick’n #%&* one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment