Sunday, March 8, 2015

Saturday, March 7th, 2015



I slept pretty well last night.

After taking my shower I can see I have a current total of 4 bites on my arms.

I made waffles and after Laura found the requirements for a Colombian passport and was eating her waffle, I managed to copy and translate them:
1. Haber tenido la nacionalidad colombiana por nacimiento o por adopciĆ³n. 
2. Agregar carta de renuncia a la nacionalidad. 
3. Cinco fotos fondo blanco 4x5 a color. 
4. Documento de identificaciĆ³n colombiana. 
5. Solicitud escrita dirigida al Gobernador donde especifique las razones por las que quiere recuperar la nacionalidad.
1. Having had Colombian nationality by birth or adoption.
2. Add resignation letter to nationality.
3. Five 4x5 white photos to color.
4. Document Colombian identification.
5. Written request addressed to the Governor which specify the reasons why you want to retrieve nationality

Laura left at 10:15 for her English lesson with Jhon.

We’re supposed to meet Vicky in Los Molinos to pick up some face cream.  Teresa called her and told her we want to see a movie there at 2:50pm.  We’re also supposed to exchange Teresa’s pair of slacks so I’m not sure how that timing is going to work out.

We left the finca at 12:40 and got past the killer dogs undetected.  There was a slight mist in the air and Teresa may have been regretting her decision not to bring an umbrella.

We had a 10 minute wait for the bus to Aquacatala.  On the way we saw what I thought might have been a new parking lot and it’s pretty obvious by the shape and green grass that it’s more likely going to be a new soccer field.

We quickly caught a Circular Sur 303 bus and got off a block past Ragged (couldn’t get the bus driver to stop any earlier).  Teresa exchanged the slacks for another pair and also bought a blouse for 59,900 to go with it.
We got to Los Molinos by 2:15 although traffic was heavy.

Vicky and her daughter Danielle were waiting for us outside Exito.  I went inside and took some cash out of the ATM machine without any problems (except the first machine I tried was apparently out of money).

I paid Vicky the 100mil for the face cream Teresa wanted and we went upstairs to the theatre.  There were about 4 people in line ahead of us so I had Teresa go inside the theatre to buy popcorn while I bought the tickets (17mil).  

Teresa ordered a hotdog and bottle of water for herself and a large popcorn and Pepsi for the two of us for 27,100.

We got to our selected seats (the usher guided us to them with his flashlight) just a minute before the main feature started.  Unbroken (7.1) is the true story of Louis Zamperini, an Italian man who became an Olympic athlete, ran in the 1936 Olympic games, shook hands with Hitler (not shown in the movie), was a bombardier in WWII, survived crashing in the ocean, spent 47 days on a raft, was captured by the Japanese and spent the remainder of the war being continously tortured in a Japanese prison camp.  The movie was long, 2 hours and 17 minutes, but we both enjoyed it very much.

We got out at 5:30, picked up some necessarry things at Exito and waited in line until 6pm to pay for them.  We quickly got buses back to the finca and arrived at 7:15 undetected by the killer dogs.

I understand Laura is staying over in Envigado tonight and won’t be back until about 6pm tomorrow night.

Teresa and I started watching All is Lost (6.9).

I took my sleeping pills at 10:30 and we went to bed at 10:45.

T-shirt of the day: Spoiled brat.

No comments:

Post a Comment