Saturday, March 7, 2015

Thursday, February 26th, 2015



Still no wi-fi.

Jim packed up his 2 small suitcases and we left the finca at 11:15.  We took a bus to just past Mayorca and then took a taxi to Hotel Porton Sabaneta.  Jim booked a room for tonight and tomorrow night and we booked a room for tomorrow night.

We had lunch at a butcher shop that specialized in pork named Porci Carnes for 24mil in Sabaneta 

then we walked around town a little.
 

We then took a bus to El Poblado where we got off just past SantaFe CC.

We took a taxi to a fairly new mall named Zona Dos at Carrera 32 #2 Sur 47.  There wasn’t a lot there but we stopped at Hot Wings and had drinks and shared an order of mozarella sticks for 37,476.

We took a taxi to Parque Poblado and stopped at MBE where I picked up my Chess Life magazine for 5mil.  We inquired as to how much it would cost to send my documents to the US and they told me that with Fed-Ex it would be there in 2-3 days for 89,100 or regular mail it would be 3-4 weeks for 36mil.

We took a bus to Hotel Porton Sabaneta and said goodnight to my brother.
Teresa and I took a taxi to the highway and the driver managed to stop a bus going in our direction so we could get on.  We were back at the finca before 6pm.

Still no wi-fi so Teresa called Une to find out what the problem is.  I understand someone won’t be able to come out until Monday or Tuesday.  I imagine the problem was caused by the work on the highway.

T-shirt of the day: Daughter, he gives you that weird feeling like - Dracula’s daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment