Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Monday, October 21, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  There is one young lady who works out at the gym who is barely 4 ½ feet tall.  Today she entered the gym wearing what looked like 6” high heel boots.  Lol.  I completed my abbreviated workout in an hour and 5 minutes.

Teresa called me at 12:15 to tell me that she was getting her nails done and she would call me after and we would meet for lunch at a small restaurant by Aymara.  It was raining and she also wanted to wait until it stopped.

She finally called me at 1:30 and it appeared to no longer be raining.  I left the apt right away and there were just a few drops but by the time I passed Parva it started coming down harder.

I found her at DoSabores where we had the menu of the day for 33mil total.  While there we experienced 2 strong lightning strikes which appeared to be very close by.

We walked to Parva where I had a café con leche and she had an aromatica.  She also bought a loaf of their breakfast bread.  She returned to the apt and I hung around for a while longer having another café con leche.  By the time I left at 3:30 the rain had stopped.  I picked up 2 bags of milk on my way home.

We left the apt at 5:30 for Teresa’s 6:50 mammography appointment.  It did take a few minutes for Teresa’s call to result in a taxi arriving.  We arrived at Clinica del Prado (Calle 19A #44-25) by 5:45.  We went upstairs to Diagnosticarte on the 2nd floor and it was as cold as I remembered.  (Teresa dressed warm but without a jacket.)  She took one of the last available seats and I went downstairs to a Habia Una Vez café I saw as we entered.  I had a café con leche and a slice of carrot cake.  The cake was a little on the dry side.  A couple ladies sitting at the next table struck up a conversation as one of them spoke English.  Teresa came back a couple hours later and had an aromatica as she was freezing.

Tomorrow she wants me, after I finish playing chess with Jose, to return to the apt for some paper she’s going to get tomorrow from Nueve eps and I’m to take it to Diagnosticarte and ask for Isabel.  I’m not sure what is to happen next so I’ll have Jose call tomorrow to explain the details to me.

8,153 steps today.

Joke of the day
At school, Little Johnny was told by a classmate that most adults are hiding at least one dark secret, and that this makes it very easy to blackmail them by saying, "I know the whole truth." 
Little Johnny decides to go home and try it out. He goes home, and as he is greeted by his mother. He says, "I know the whole truth." His mother quickly hands him $20 and says, "Just don't tell your father."
Quite pleased, the boy waits for his father to get home from work, and greets him with, "I know the whole truth." The father promptly hands him $40 and says, "Please don't say a word to your mother."
Very pleased, the boy is on his way to school the next day when he sees the mailman at his front door. The boy greets him by saying, "I know the whole truth."
The mailman immediately drops the mail, opens his arms, and says, "Then come give your daddy a great big hug!"

No comments:

Post a Comment