Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Tuesday, October 22, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:45 (with a blanket, first time this year?), got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

I left the apt just before 8am and walked to the mall.  I recycled a used vitamin bottle, printed some updated chess notes, and sat down at Habia Una Vez.  I had their 10mil breakfast special and Jose arrived about 20 minutes later.

We walked up to the food court and we went over my chess tournament games.  He had some good advice on a number of occasions.  Sometimes I look at my games and wonder what caused me to make a particular move.

For lunch he had a sandwich from Q’Bano and I had a new Frisby combo – 6 chicken nuggets bathed in BBQ sauce, an individual portion of coleslaw, a small order of fries and a small Coke for 15,900.

I had Jose talk to Teresa and I found out that I’m just to give the paper to Elizabeth, not Isabel, and then I can return to the apt.  (I swear with her accent it sounded more like Isabel than Elizabeth.)
We had time for just one game and I drew the Black pieces.  I ended up playing basically an English opening in reverse and he had me in trouble but I wriggled out and after 30 moves we agreed to a draw.

I walked back to the apt and Teresa gave me the piece of paper I’m supposed to give to Elizabeth at the clinic.

I walked down to Avenida Las Vegas and quickly was on a Sabaneta bus.  Traffic got very heavy and I soon saw that the bridge by the Aguacatala station was closed.  When we got to the traffic circle I saw that from there north of Avenida Las Vegas was also closed with lots of police milling about.  The bus got on the highway northbound and at one point about where EAFIT University would be I saw police in SWAT gear including plastic shields.  At Calle 10 it looked like the bus wasn’t going to turn so I got off when a woman got off.  I soon was in a taxi and I understood he could only go to 15th street not 19th street for some reason.  As we turned north on Avenida Las Vegas I saw the lanes south of us were closed.  I asked the driver what was going on and I understood that a polytechnic university was having a demonstration.

He took me all the way to Calle 19 but then he wanted 15mil not the 5,500 minimum fare.  I guess that’s what he meant by 15.

I only had to walk to the other side of the building on the street and go up to the 2nd floor.  I had a piece of paper with Elizabeth written on it and I showed it to the rep.  She asked for ID and I told her I didn’t have any ID I just wanted Elizabeth to take the paper.  She refused so I called Teresa, she talked to the rep and then she took the paper.  (She wouldn’t even look at it when I handed it to her.)

I then called Teresa back and told her about the traffic problem and I would probably be returning late.  She suggested I take the metro.  I had 2 cafĂ© con leches and a croissant in Habia Una Vez while I killed an hour.

Laura sent me a photo of a Jeep Lenny bought today. 

I walked over to Industriales metro station and there was a very long line.  Usually the longest line is for buying tickets and I have a Civica card so I walked to the far right like I was passing through to the other side then cut in line.  A woman complained and I’m sure she told me, at least, to get to the end of the line but I didn’t.  My bad!

I quickly got through the turnstyle and went downstairs just as a packed train arrived.  A few people squeezed on but I didn’t even try, I just moved to the end of the station where I thought there would be fewer people trying to get on.  Five minutes later another train arrived and I got a standing spot not far from the door.  I got off at Ayura station and walked to the bus stop where I was the 2nd to last person to get on before it left.  It was full and it went quite a ways north before turning onto Avenida Last Vegas.  A woman got off at McDonald’s so I did the same and I only had to walk about 100 yards uphill.  I was back at the apt just before 7pm.

8,078 steps today.

Joke of the day
A wealthy man died and went to heaven.
He was met at the Pearly Gates by Saint Peter who led him down the streets of gold.
They passed mansion after mansion until they came to the very end of the street.
Saint Peter stopped the rich man in front of a little shack.
“This belongs to you,” said Saint Peter.
“Why do I get this ugly thing when there are so many mansions I could live in?” the man demanded.
“We did the best we could with the money you sent us!” Saint Peter replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment