Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Friday, September 27, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up once at 6am, finally waking at 7am and getting up at 7:30.

Today I took my last Dolex (ibuprofen) tablet so it will be interesting to see how my back feels for the next few mornings.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show.  (I’ve been enjoying the “fake news” a lot more recently.)  The elevator was under maintenance so I had to take the stairs.

At the gym I completed all my limited exercises in an hour and 5 minutes.  At one point I was waiting for the leg curl machine and the man told me, in English, that we could share.  (His accent didn’t sound Colombian, more like northwestern Europe.)  He had all his things on the shelf so there was no room for my water bottle, cellphone, and booklet while I did my exercise so I told him I would wait.  I didn’t see him again so I couldn’t ask him where he was from.

Back at the complex the elevator still wasn’t working and again I had to take the stairs.

Teresa returned at 12:30.

After lunch, we tried, unsuccessfully, to take a nap but soon gave up.  When I got up my back felt stiff.

I left the apt at 4pm and walked to the mall.  My back finally loosed up shortly after I arrived.  I went right upstairs to the Mac service center and asked about my flashdrive.  The girl looked in a drawer and handed it to me.  I’ve got to be more careful in the future!

I went into Cine Colombia and bought a medium cafĂ© con leche at Juan Valdez.  I went into the Platinum room and took a seat in the back where I spent a little over an hour solving chess tactics.

I called Teresa and asked if she wanted to come here for a movie tonight as Rambo:on his last feet (7.1) is playing at 7:20pm.  (Just kidding about the last part of the title.  Sylvester Stallone, being my age, better not be doing any marshall arts stuff or I’ll laugh myself silly.)  She informed me, as usual, that we already saw this movie in the finca.  Sigh!  She told me her mother is there and they are both crocheting.

I bought 2 bags of milk before returning to the apt.

8,442 steps today.

Joke of the day
A man calls home to his wife and says, "Honey I have been asked to go fishing at a big lake up in Canada with my boss and several of his friends. We'll be gone for a week. This is a good opportunity for me to get that promotion I've been wanting so would you please pack me enough clothes for a week and set out my rod and tackle box.  We're leaving from the office and I will swing by the house to pick my things up. Oh! Please pack my new blue silk pajamas."
The wife thinks this sounds a little fishy but being a good wife she does exactly what her husband asked. The following weekend he comes home a little tired but otherwise looking good.
The wife welcomes him home and asks if he caught many fish? He says, "Yes! Lot's of Walleye, some Bluegill, and a few Pike. But why didn't you pack my new blue silk pajamas like I asked you to do?" 
"I did, they're in your tackle box." 

No comments:

Post a Comment