Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Thursday, September 26, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night, finally waking at 6:30 and getting up at 7am.

We had a little rain early this morning.

I watched the first hour of the Today show.  I walked to the copy center and as soon as I walked inside the lady handed me my flash drive.

I continued downtown and made a cash withdrawal from the 2nd Banco Caja Social ATM I tried.

I stopped in the Tigo/Une office and was sent to the back.  With my broken Spanish I gave him our cedula numbers, our address, and my telephone number.  I should have brought one of our bills so I would have an account number to give them.  I tried to change it to Teresa’s cellphone number because her Spanish is better than mine but I understood that I should give the rep on the phone her number when he calls.

I took a bus back to the apt.

After lunch I walked to the mall and saw a long line at the copy center so I decided to skip it for now.  On my way out I got a free blood pressure reading – 131/78 which is pretty good.

I went up to Cine Colombia where I spent an hour studying my chess tactics.  While there David and Iliana (sp?) stopped at my table and we chatted for a few minutes. 

I went down to Auros and the told me they were closed.  The girl did inform me that there’s a copy station on the 2nd floor of the mall.  I walked around the Co-Working area where I noticed the Mac repair center had a copy machine.  I gave the girl my flash drive and she printed 15 pages and charged me 19,200 pesos.  Wow, that’s 1,280 pesos a page compared with 159-300 pesos the other copy centers charge me.

Exito appeared to be closing as I left the area at 5pm.

I was about to leave when Teresa called me and informed me that she was going to take a shower and then bring her bored mother to the mall.

I went back up to Cine Colombia and killed some time looking at my cellphone.

Teresa and MT finally joined me and we went up to the restaurant area where we finally settled at Sport Wings.  We shared a rib and chicken wing combo with fries and I had a coconut lemonade.  The total came to 95,930 and I gave them my debit card.  I gave them the usual instructions – “debito, corriente, pesos” but the receipt showed I was charged in dollars with the extra 3.5% added.  For the first time I asked them to reverse it and charge me in pesos and there was a 3 person conference but nothing got changed.  In the future I’ll just bring an extra 100mil with me for those unexpected cases where I need more cash that I usually bring with me.

Back at the apt I realized I couldn’t find my flashdrive, again.  I looked all over and now I’m hoping I left it at the copy center again.

Teresa questioned me on the cost of our dinner – she thought it was much too high and she’s probably right.  I didn’t really check the itemized list while we were still in the restaurant.  My bad!

I watched the Eagles edge the Packers in Thursday night football.

10,525 steps today.

Joke of the day
Three drunken guys entered a taxi after a heavy night of drinking. 
Immediately realizing that the men were inebriated, the driver quickly thought up a plan to get rid of them. 
He started the engine, turned it off again and said: “We have reached your destination". 
“Alright pal, here you go,” said the first guy as he gave him the money. 
The second guy thanked him enthusiastically. 
The third guy slapped him across the face with brute force.
"What was that for?" Yelled the surprised driver, thinking he got caught.
"Next time don't drive so fast! You nearly killed us!"

No comments:

Post a Comment