Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Thursday, October 3, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Still no wifi.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left the apt.  Parva is still closed.  Downtown Envigado I made an ATM withdrawal and this time got my 50s.  I stopped at the copy center and printed out some chess notes.

I walked to the mall where I had a café con leche at Todo Fresa while using their wifi to read some of my emails.

After lunch we left the apt at 2:15 and arrived at El Tesoro at 2:35.  We went right up to Dr. Rendon’s office and he took us after a 10 minute wait.  Teresa got a cleaning and refitting for the orthodontic device she wears at night and I got a cleaning.  It cost us 165 mil for each cleaning plus a 20mil outstanding balance for her device.
We went downstairs and Teresa checked out Zara.  She said nothing changed, everything is still ugly.  Lol!

She was hungry so we went to Crepes & Waffles for a snack.  Surprisingly, she ordered a waffle with arequipe and lite vanilla ice cream.  I ordered a waffle con miel and expected it to come with maple syrup but it came with exactly what it said – honey.
The total, including tip and tax, was 21,300 and I left an extra 2mil tip.

We walked around a little more but Teresa didn’t find anything she liked.

When we left they now have a new taxi station with rows of seats and you are given a number.  It was only a 10-15 minute wait.

We were back at the apt by 6:30.

Interesting.  Apparently Direct TV isn’t broadcasting Thursday Night Football tonight because they are covering the baseball playoffs.  I’m going to Sport Wings in the mall and see if they have Direct TV.  If so then I still won’t be able to see the game.

I left the apt at 7pm and walked to the mall.  First I had some chess notes printed at Auros then I headed up to the 3rd floor.  

Unfortunately, Sport Wings has Direct TV so that didn’t help me.  I went down to the 1st floor to Todo Fresa where I ordered a café con leche.  The woman told me that I want a café latte.  I said okay but when she brought me my order it was too strong and without any milk.  I went back to the station and I complained and she made me another with milk.  I used their wifi for the next hour.

According to my cellphone I’m over my 12GB plan limit but according to my Claro app I’m a little under 9GB.

On my way back to the apt a bird pooped on my shoulder missing my head by a mere 4 inches or so.

Still no wifi!  I told Teresa to cancel our Une service and enroll us in Claro!  Eleven days without wifi service is enough!

I was flipping through the TV channels and I found the football game.  I usually find them on ESPN but tonight it’s on Fox Sports 2.  Hmm, maybe it’s on this channel every Thursday night.

I was going through my Cine Colombia Platinum card benefits and I found that I can buy tickets and concessions with points that I accrue on my card.  I checked and I have 2,300 points.  For example, I can buy a regular 2D ticket for 200 points and a small popcorn and soda for 150points.  I wonder if that expires at the end of the year.

14,504 steps today.

Joke of the day
A strong young man at a construction site was bragging that he could out do anyone in a feat of strength. He made a special case of making fun of one of the older workmen. After several minutes, the older worker had had enough. 
'Why don't you put your money where your mouth is,' he said.  'I will bet a week's wages that I can haul something in a wheelbarrow over to that building that you won't be able to wheel back.’
'You're on, old man,' the braggart replied. Let's see you do it.' 
The old man reached out and grabbed the wheelbarrow by the handles. 
Then, nodding to the young man, he said, 'All right, dumbass, get in.'

No comments:

Post a Comment