Thursday, October 24, 2019

Wednesday, October 23, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, was awakened briefly by a calf cramp, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.


I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and just as I was getting ready to go to the gym Teresa proclaimed she was going back to bed and invited me to join her.  It took a while for me to fall asleep and I finally got up at 11am.

I left the apt at 12:10 for the 12:50 showing of Joker (8.9).  I added 50mil to my Platinum card, bought a preferred seat for 6mil and went into the Platinum room.  (I’m lacking 3 visits this year to renew my Platinum card for another year.) I gave my gift card to the cashier and she brought me a hamburger, a Kit Kat bar, a small popcorn and medium Coke for free for my birthday month.  I entered the theater as the trailers were in progress and the lady in the next seat kindly turned her cellphone flashlight on so I could set down my tray and find my seat.  The movie was only okay but I think Joaquin Phoenix should get an Oscar nomination for his role.  (Btw, the budget for making the movie was 55 million and to date it’s made 740 million worldwide.)

I went downstairs to Todo Fresa where I had a café con leche and checked the news on my cellphone.

I left after about an hour.  Walking down the street I passed a young lady wearing a winter coat with the collar turned up and a scarf wrapped tightly around her neck (and me feeling quite comofortable in my jeans and t-shirt.)  I picked up a bag of milk and a few bananas at Exito on my way back to the apt.  I saw a dark cloud coming overhead although it looked like it would soon pass.  I was back at the apt by 4:30.

We heard some loud thunder nearby but rain never developed.  That changed by 5:15 when it started raining steadily; so much for a small dark cloud.

6,344 steps today.

Joke of the day
A husband and wife are waiting at the bus stop with their nine children.
A blind man joins them after a few minutes.
When the bus arrives, they find it overloaded, and only the wife and the nine kids are able to fit onto the bus. 
So the husband and the blind man decide to walk.
After a while, the husband gets irritated by the ticking of the stick of the blind man as he taps it on the sidewalk, and says to him, "Why don't you put a piece
 of rubber at the end of your stick? That ticking sound is driving me crazy." 
The blind man replies, "If you would've put a rubber at the end of YOUR stick, we'd be riding the bus."

2 comments:

  1. How does one pour milk from a bag? I can't imagine except to transfer it to a bottle.
    Are bags cheaper? Quality the same? I normally get the milk that comes in red cartons - the closest to the milk that you get in the US that I found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bags of milk are put into a plastic pitcher the correct size for this purpose. Then you cut a corner of the bag and pour. Almost everything is cheaper here. Tastes the same to me. Oh, and sometimes "on the road" someone will buy a bag of water, bite off the corner, and drink it that way.

    ReplyDelete