Friday, October 11, 2019

Thursday, October 10, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

I left the apt at 7:45 and it being a cool morning (68 degrees) I walked to downtown Envigado.  I made an ATM withdrawal, had breakfast at Carbon de Leña, printed my brother’s flight itinerary at the copy center, bought a small chess notebook there for playing against Jose, and went to Casa Feretera.  A lady there told me they don’t sell shower door handles but suggested I go next door.  There a young lady showed me what turned out to be drawer handle pulls that wouldn’t work for me.  I walked back to the apt.

I left again just after noon and met Chuck at 12:30 outside El Tepito in La Buena Mesa.  He told me he invited John who soon arrived.  We all agreed we would like pizza and we agreed to go to Na Pizza.  When we arrived we took a table outside.  Surprisingly, John just ordered a mushroom appetizer, Chuck ordered pasta and I ordered lasagna.  No pizza.

After we finished we went next door to Parva.  John talked to one of the servers and learned that Parva means “a snack that you have with coffee”.  After solving all the world’s problems, John left and I went with Chuck to Home Center with the promise that he would buy me coffee afterwards.  Sort of a quid pro quo.  LOL.  He picked up 2 pairs of blackout drapes and I picked up a 10-pack of closet hangers.  We went downstairs where we found what looked like the same drawer pulls but I think one might work if used with one of the old shower door handles.

We had coffee at Todo Fresa and then he walked me back towards my apt.  It was raining lightly so I hope he made it back to the apt before it got too heavy.

Teresa returned about 8pm with chicken breast from Wilson’s bar.  She told me she wanted to put a bed in the finca so she would have a place to sleep if and when she is working late there.  My suggestion was just to go to the finca earlier by skipping gym class that day.  After further discussion I learned that there is already a bed there she just needs to take sheets and a blanket.

My upcoming chess tournament schedule is:
Friday, October 11th: 10am, 6:30pm.
Saturday, October 12th: 10am, 4pm.
Sunday, Ocotober 13th: 10am, 4pm.
Monday, October 14th: 8am, 1pm.

I also have a physical therapy appointment Friday at 2pm so I’ll most likely be heading there soon after my 10am game ends.  And Sunday the Bears are on their off week so there is no game to worry about how to see it.

12,207 steps today.

Joke of the day
Doug Pender lived all his life in the Florida Keys and is on his deathbed and knows the end is near.  His nurse, his wife, his daughter, and two sons are with him.
He asks for two witnesses to be present and a camcorder be in place to record his last wishes, and when all is ready he begins to speak:
"My son, Bernie, I want you to take the Ocean Reef houses."
"My daughter Sybil, you take the apartments between mile markers 100 and Tavernier."
"My son, Jamie, I want you to take the offices over in the Marathon Government Center."
"Sarah, my dear wife, please take all the residential buildings on the bay side on Blackwater Sound."
The nurse and witnesses are blown away as they did not realize his extensive holdings, and as Doug slips away, the nurse says, "Mrs. Pender, your husband must have been such a hard-working man to have accumulated all this property."
The wife replied, "The jerk had a paper route."

No comments:

Post a Comment