Monday, October 14, 2019

Sunday, October 13, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, woke up just before 6am, finally getting up at 6:45.  My shoulder was feeling better so I tried sleeping a little on it.  Of course now it’s a little sore but still that’s progress.

I left the apt at 9am and walked to the usual corner where I catch the bus.  After about 10 minutes I noticed a beautiful white porsche convertible back out of a driveway and head my way.  I decided to walk in the direction the bus comes from and noticed a couple of very nice looking apartment buildings near where I saw the Porsche.  I walked around the corner to a bus stop where at least I had a place to sit.  After about 10 minutes it occurred to me that today is Sunday and thus Ciclovia is going on and the south bound Avenida Poblado lanes will be closed with no way for the bus to get to me.  I walked in a new direction finally arriving at Avenida Las Vegas.  I caught a taxi to the stadium and arrived 5 minutes before game time. 

My opponent was a boy with a rating of 1291.  He played me tough and I realized a couple mistakes I made and we ended up with a draw after 83 moves.  He ticked me off a few times because he would drum his fingers on the table when it was my move.

I walked to Pizza Americana (40 minutes) near my 1st Medellin apartment and had my usual individual pizza and a small Coke.

I walked to Mall Laureles where I bought 4 small packages of toilet paper for future visitors.  I took a taxi back to the tournament arriving 10 minutes before the next round.

One of the tournament directors asked me if I would mind playing against a blind man.  I said no problem.  (LOL, see below!)

We had a very close game and at one point he had a piece in a different location than I had on my board but I checked my scorecard and his was correct.  At one point he offered me a draw but I foolishly refused.  After 35 moves we were both down to about 1 minute left on each clock and I made a move that would pick up one of his 2 knights and leave him with a losing position so he resigned.  His rating is 1406.

I took a taxi back to the apt and picked up 2 bags of milk that Teresa asked me to pick up.

Tomorrow’s first round is at 8am, yikes!

10,102 steps today.

Joke of the day
Two nuns are ordered to paint a room in the convent, with a warning from Mother Superior not to get even a drop of paint on their habits, which are costly to replace.
After conferring on this, the two nuns decide to lock the door of the room, strip off their habits, and paint naked.
In the middle of the project, there is a knock on the door.  “Who is it?” calls out one of the nuns.
“Blind man,” replies a voice from the other side of the door.
The two nuns look at each other and shrug, both deciding that no harm can come from letting a blind man into the room.  They open the door.
“Nice boobs,” says the man.  “Where do you want me to put the blinds?”

No comments:

Post a Comment