Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Tuesday, October 8, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night, finally waking at 6:45 and getting up at 7:15.

I left the apt at 8am, printed some notes at Auros in the mall and ordered a café con leche at Habia Una Vez.  Jose arrived about 5 minutes later.  He had a tinto and we got caught up on things.  At 9am we went up to McDonald’s where we ordered their breakfast special for a special 10mil price.

We went to the food court where we had our choice of tables.  In the first game I had the White pieces but I castled to the wrong side and he pushed his queenside pawns at my King and I resigned shortly after the 30th move.

For lunch I tried Frisby’s new item – fried chicken bathed in BBQ sauce – and a container of coleslaw and a small Coke.  The chicken was so messy I probably won’t order that again.

I had the Black pieces in the 2nd game and I played the Sicilian defense and he had a big advantage but made a mistake on the 23rd move, I sacrificed a Rook and got him in perpetual check for a draw.

I went to the Claro office where I paid 106,101 pesos for Teresa’s cellphone plan and 83,632 for mine.

I went down to Todo Fresa where I ordered a café con leche.  I called Teresa and she informed me that the Une guy came and we have wifi again.  Yay!  It only took 16 days!  She asked me to pick up apples and milk at Exito on my way back to the apt.

When I returned to the apt Teresa showed me the power adaptor for the router which was apparently the problem.  She pointed out the model number with the advice that next time we have that problem it would be easier to just go purchase another.  But how do I know it will be the same problem?

Tomorrow I have my 2nd therapy session at noon so I’ll be skipping gym.  Teresa also has to return to Sabaneta to pick up her cancer drug for the month so I’ll be trying to go it alone.  Then I’ll go to Exito in Viva Envigado and see if I can pay the Une bill there.

Regarding news from the past couple weeks: The wheels of justice grind slowly, but they do grind!

6,378 steps today.

Joke of the day
A guy went to a psychiatrist because he was having severe problems with his sex life. The psychiatrist asked him a lot of questions, but he couldn't get a clear picture of the problems. Finally he asked, "Do you ever watch your girlfriend's face while you're having sex?" 
"Well, yes, I did once." 
"And how did she look?" 
"Oh boy, she looked very angry!" 
At this point the psychiatrist felt that he was really getting somewhere.
"Well that's very interesting, we must look into this further. Now tell me, you say that you have only seen your girlfriend's face once during sex. That seems somewhat unusual. How did it occur that you saw her face that time?" 
"She was watching us through the window."

No comments:

Post a Comment