Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Monday, October 7, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, quickly fell asleep and didn’t wake/get up until 6:45.  Sweet!

Still no wifi!

We’ve got a busy day scheduled for today.

The portero brought our Une bill.  Why should I pay it if they don’t provide the service I pay for?

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I completed my limited set of exercises in an hour and 15 minutes.

Teresa and I left the apt just before noon for my 1pm therapy appointment in Itagui.  We got off at the 808 building where we had the menu of the day.  We arrived at the clinic, 2 blocks away, 10 minutes later.  First we took a number to wait our turn to show my appointment information.  Then we went to the next building and up to the 2nd floor where we showed my appointment and then took a seat.  About 10 minutes later they called for the therapy appointments and we went in the back.  The young therapist had me lie on my stomach on a massage table and she applied 2 electrodes to the sides of my lower back.  That massage lasted about 20 minutes and I managed to get a little nap in in the meantime.  Then she had me lie on my back with my feet flat and raise my hips for a count of 5, 20 times.  Then with my legs flat without bending my knees I had to (try to) touch my toes for a count of 20, 5 times.  My back wasn’t sore when I walked in but it was sore by the time I left.

We then went up a floor where Teresa waited in line for a prescription.  While she was talking to the rep I took half an Excedrin and my back was soon feeling better.  We took a taxi to the Aguacatala station and from there the metro to the Itagui station by Mayorca.  We walked across a very busy traffic circle to an “S48” building where we waited about 25 minutes for Teresa to get some Vitamin D3 medication.  We went next door to Papa Johns where we shared an order of garlic sticks.  Teresa questioned the medicine because the name on the box didn’t match the prescription.  It had one of those ® symbols on the box so I told her the difference is probably just between a brand name and the scientific name.  Nevertheless, she went back to the pharmacy and double checked.  She came back and told me everything was fine.  We hung out there for awhile before taking a taxi back to the apt.

Still no wifi.

8,126 steps today.

Joke of the day
An accountant was at a convention in Las Vegas and decided to check out the local brothels. When he got to the first one, he asked the madam, "Is this a union house?"
"No, I'm sorry, it isn't." 
"Well, if I pay you $100, what cut do the girls get?" 
"The house gets $80 and the girls get $20." 
Mightily offended at such unfair dealings, the man stomped off down the street in search of a more equitable shop. 
His search continued until finally he reached a brothel where the madam said, "Why yes, this is a union house."
"And if I pay you $100, what cut do the girls get?"
"The girls get $80 and the house gets $20."
"That's more like it!" the man said. He looked around the room and pointed to a stunningly attractive redhead. "I'd like her for the night."
"I'm sure you would, sir," said the madam, gesturing to a fat 50-year-old woman in the corner, "but Ethel here has seniority."

No comments:

Post a Comment