Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Monday, September 23, 2019


We still don’t have internet!  Teresa will probably call Une today.
Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Again my back feels good.  Yay!

Teresa informed me that she’s going to the gym and right after she’s going to catch a taxi to Medellin to pick up her cancer medicine for the month so I’m on my own for lunch.

I hijacked a Fliboard article, changed the title, and sent it to Chuck asking if he’s available for lunch today.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I completed my abbreviated list of exercises in an hour and 5 or 10 minutes.  I checked my emails and Chuck responded that he would meet me in La Buena Mesa at 12:30.

Back at the apt complex the guard gave me a large container of eggs.  I guess Teresa must have ordered them but the note on the container has the name Amparo so I’m not sure.

I left the apt just after noon and first went to the copy center to print some chess notes.  I then met Chuck outside Persimon just before 12:30.

We decided to have lunch at Tepito, the Tex-Mex restaurant.  I ordered something I haven’t had before and it was good but turned out to be just an appetizer.  Chuck gave me a slice of his Mexican pizza that was pretty good.  We saw Bret park his motorcycle in the corner of the gas station and walk our way.  We invited him to join us for lunch and it appears he had lunch there often because the waitress just asked him if he wanted “the usual”.

After lunch Chuck and I retired to Parva for coffee.

We said goodbye about 3pm and I returned to the apt.

I found Draft Day playing on TV and though I missed the first hour I watched the remainder.

I left the apt at 6:15 and walked to the mall.  I had some chess notes printed then went up to the restaurant area arriving right at 7pm.  I stood by a table and asked if they could put NFL football on one of the TVs.  They did and I had a coconut lemonade and a plate of nachos while watching the Bears vs Redskins game.  The nachos were very good in the style I was used to in Chicago.  At halftime, 15 minutes before the restaurant closed, the Bears were ahead comfortably 28-3.  My tab came to 30mil, I paid the bill in cash and left for the apt.  Walking through the gas station I saw two green electric cars being recharged.  I asked a man how long it takes to recharge them and he said between an hour and an hour and 20 minutes.

Back at the apt I finished the Bears game which they won 31-15.
11,522 steps today.

Joke of the day
A therapist has a theory that couples who make love once a day are the happiest.
So he decides to test this theory. He convenes all the couples he can find at a special seminar.
He then starts by asking the many people in the audience.  “How many people here make love once a day?
Half the people raise their hands, each of them grinning widely.
Once a week?
A third of the audience members raise their hands, their grins a bit less vibrant.
"How many of you make love once a month? A few hands tepidly go up. No grins could be sighted. 
Then he asks, “OK, how about once a year?” To his shock, one man in the back jumps up and down, jubilantly waving his hands and whistling.
The therapist is shocked - this man's reaction completely disproves his theory!  “If you make love only once a year,” he asks, “why are you so happy?
The man yells,Today’s the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment