Monday, October 21, 2019

Sunday, October 20, 2019


Last night I took ½ a Zopiclona, went to bed at 10:45, took a little longer to fall asleep, woke up at 4am (heard voices outside), got up at 5am and took the other half of my Zopiclona, fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Uh-oh, I’m out of the marigold extract pills for my back.

At 7:45 I checked my messages and Glenn asked if I could meet for breakfast at 8:30 instead of 9:30.  I said yes, shut down my computer, showered, dressed and left the apt just after 9am.

A block from the park I found a pharmacy that was “kind of open” and I bought a box of 30 Dololed (marigold flower extract) tablets for 12,436 pesos.

I arrived at Carbon de Leña on time and found Glenn sitting in the back.  I quizzed him on his private Spanish tutor and learned: she’s American, her name is Ines, her cellphone number is --- --- ----, she lives near Majorca, and she comes to his apt twice a week for about 90 minutes for 40mil an hour.  Most of the lesson is in Spanish with little English.

Back at the apt I contacted Ines and made plans for her to come here Saturday at 2pm for 2 hours.

When I mentioned this to Teresa I got major pushback.  She’s not going to allow a woman she doesn’t know into this apartment.  Why don’t I have a man for a tutor?  I asked her if she knew one.  She contacted someone in the family who is in her 20’s to come and tutor me.  We’ll see how that goes.

I watched GM Nick Pert’s Killer Endgames, lessons 1-9.

I left the apt at 2:15 and met Chuck across from Otra Parte.  We took a taxi to Parque Lleras and walked to Patrick’s Irish Pub.  He said our game would be on the large outside TV so we took a table conveniently in front.

John rode up on his bicycle, locked it to a post in front and joined us at our table.

The lady selling big ass ants came by several times and once I saw a man telling jokes for pocket change.

The Bears did not look good and we left with the Saints ahead 36-10.

We took a taxi back to our area and I caught the last few seconds with the Saints winning 36-25 so the Bears must have made a little comeback towards the end.

Teresa returned at 8:15.

She told me that she and Esmeralda visited Andres.  Apparently he just ended a year in a drug rehibilitation clinic and soon will be returning to San Andres.

I watched GM Nick Pert’s Killer Endgames, lessons 10-11.

7,500 steps today.

Joke of the day
Little Johnny and Billy were engaging in the time-honored tradition of a verbal battle like little boys all over the world. "My Father is better than your Father!" Billy declared.
"No, he's not!" Johnny responded.
"My brother is better than you brother!" Billy said.
"He is not! He is not!" Yelled Little Johnny.
"My Mother is better than your Mother!" Billy continued.
A long pause ensued, then Little Johnny said, "Well, I guess ya got me there.  I've heard my Father say the same thing more than once."

No comments:

Post a Comment