Sunday, October 20, 2019

Saturday, October 19, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, quickly fell asleep, got up 3 times during the night, woke up at 6:15 and got up at 7am.

Teresa left at 7:30 to fix something at the finca.

I showered, dressed and left at 8:15.  I walked downtown and first stopped outside Exito looking for a DVD of the movie Yesterday but no luck.  I went to Carbon de Leña for breakfast and it has new owners and they put in new but rustic looking tables and chairs.

I stopped at the copy center and had some chess notes printed.  I went to the used book store and traded my paperback for another plus 2mil.

At the downtown bus stop I saw that they moved it further from the corner to make way for an Encicla bicycle station.  In El Poblado I withdrew some 20s from my favorite ATM.  At Envios Market I received 2 envelopes and my October Chess Life magazine from Nobraskja.  One of the envelopes was from Capital 360 which I had her throw out.  (Later when I opened the 2nd which was folded like a SS letter I found it was just some fancy advertising.)

I took a bus back to Envigado where I had a café con leche at Eduardo Madrid Bakery.

Back at the apt I waited until 1pm before deciding to go for lunch.  I couldn’t figure out where to go and finally decided on Classic Diner since I hadn’t been there in years.  When I arrived there was only one other party in a booth.  I took another booth closer to the kitchen.  Right away a waiter brought me a menu.  The menu is pretty large, mostly burgers and milkshakes.  I finally chose one and waited a few minutes for a waiter to come take my order.  I closed the menu hoping a server would notice.  A few minutes later I sat deep into the booth with my back against the wall.  I noticed various employees chatting including a group of 3 not far from me.  After 5 more minutes I decided no one wanted to take my order so I grabbed my stuff and walked out.

I had a messy burger, rustic fries and a Te Hatsu at Jack & Roll for about 34mil with much better service even though there were only 2 servers.

By 4pm it started raining lightly and the temperature was dropping (68 degrees) so I texted Juan Carlos to see if he wanted to meet someplace more inside.

I looked in my closet but found I only have one long-sleeved shirt and it’s a small where I’m a large.  I put on jeans, a “warm” t-shirt and my jacket.

I still hadn’t heard from him by 4:50 so I went with the original plan and walked to Otra Parte with my umbrella.  I was standing next to a pillar when I heard English at the table next to me.  I met Joe and Julia, a young couple from Pittsburgh.  We talked for about 90 minutes.  He is Colombian originally from Bucaramanga (sp?) and they are touring Colombia and Peru for the summer.  Thank you for the café con leche guys; yes, the waitress included it in your bill.

Back at the apt I called Teresa who said she was on her way back to the apt from the finca.

At 6:50 I finally received a text message from Juan Carlos.  He said “Hi, sorry, I’m so busy today, I’m forgot completely our meeting.”  I’ll try scheduling a meeting again some time in the future, probably next weekend.

I watched Escape Room (6.3) on Direct TV.

9,861 steps today.

Joke of the day
Little Johnny's mother was trying hard to get the ketchup to come out of the bottle. During her struggle, the phone rang so she asked four-year-old Johnny to answer the phone.
Little Johnny ran out into the living room and answered the phone. "Mommy, it's the minister," he said to his mother.
From the kitchen, Johnny's mom said, "Tell him I'll call him back."
Little Johnny spoke into the phone saying, "Mommy can't come to the phone to talk to you right now. She's hitting the bottle."

No comments:

Post a Comment