Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Saturday, September 28, 2019


Today is my brother’s birthday.  Happy Birthday Jim!

Last night I only took half a sleeping pill, went to bed at 11pm, woke up at 1:40 and took the other half (I noticed it was raining outside), got up again at 4:40, woke up at 6am when Teresa got up, finally getting up at 7am.

My back feels only slightly stiffer than usual, so not too bad.

I took the bus to Envios Market where I picked up my renewed driver’s license and 2 offers from Capital One that I immediately had thrown away.  At a nearby copy center I had some chess notes printed.  I made a withdrawal of 20’s from my usual ATM and took a bus back to Envigado.  I stopped in Eduardo Madrid bakery but it was full so I just returned to the apt.

I dropped off a few things and took my chess tactics book and left the apt.  I was taking my usual shortcut through the gas station and a young lady came up to me and said “hello” in English.  

Approaching the mall I can see their installing an Encicla bicycle station on the side street.  At the mall I sat in Cine Colombia and studied my chess tactics for a little over an hour.

About 1pm I called Teresa and got the usual voice mail.  She called me back about 1:45 and I understood she was still at the finca.  I went up to Sarku’s but it was full.  I got a seat after about a 5 minute wait.  I had my usual chicken teriyaki with rice and a coconut lemonade.

I went down to Todo Fresa where I had a café con leche and checked out my cellphone for awhile.

I returned to the apt.  Teresa called me about 7pm and asked me to meet her at her mother’s apt and we would go for pizza.  When I arrived she said her mother wasn’t going to join us as she was just going to have soup.  We walked to Calle 37 Sur where Teresa declared she didn’t want pizza again.  After a few minutes haggling we got in a taxi and got out across the street from Antica Pizza.  They were obviously busy with a line out the door.  Teresa said we can eat right here.  Oh, no, not street food.  We each had a patacon topped with avocado and carne molida, and we shared an arepa de chocolo con queso and a Coke for 26mil ($8).  I would rather have had an Italian beef sandwich dripping with juice but I have to admit it was pretty good.

9,928 steps today.

Joke of the day
A very attractive young lady was sitting in a fine restaurant one night.
She was still feeling bloated from lunch, so she was fearful of farting in front of her date who hadn’t arrived yet.
It wasn’t long before she actually did let one out, but she managed to cover up the sound with a fake cough.
She continued waiting for her date to arrive, but wanted to make sure everything was perfect.
As she bends down in her chair to get the mirror from her purse, she accidentally farts quite loudly just as the waiter walks up.
Sitting up straight now, embarrassed and red faced, knowing everyone in the place heard her, she turns to the waiter and demands "Stop that!"
The waiter looks at her dryly and says "Certainly, madam. Which way was it headed?"

No comments:

Post a Comment