Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Tuesday, September 24, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

Still no wifi!  I checked the Une bill but I didn’t see a phone number.  Using my 4G plan I googled it and found a number – 034 913 6027, and an address – Carrera 42 #38 Sur-69.  Teresa is going to the gym and right after she’s going to the clinic to pick up her medicine.  Maybe she can call Une while she’s waiting in line.

I left the apt at 8:15 and walked to the mall.  Jose was already at Habia Una Vez.  He had already had breakfast so he just had a tinto while I had their 10mil breakfast special.

We chatted awhile and then went up to the 3rd floor.  It being 9:15am of course we were the only ones there.  I had White in the first game and I played the London System but got myself in trouble and he was pushing a pawn down my throat but I managed to repel his attack and get my own going and he finally resigned 3 hours later on move 58.  Finally, I won one!

For lunch he had a Subway sandwich and I had 2 Friburritos and a mango juice from Frisby.

I had the Black pieces in the 2nd game and it soon fell apart and I resigned on the 23rd move.

Since it was a little earlier than usual I invited him to join me for coffee and we went down to Todo Fresa where he had a double tinto and a pastry and I had a café con leche and an almond croissant.

He told me about some difficulties using his debit card.  We went to the banking area and he was unsuccessful at withdrawing cash from the Davivienda ATM.  We went into their office and the officer gave Jose some baloney about the ATM not working with Visa debit cards.  He was able to withdraw cash from a Servibanca ATM.

We went inside Bancolombia and asked about sending myself cash using World Remit but they didn’t really understand what we were asking since they tried to give me bank routing information.

Jose left and I went into Cine Colombia where I checked my cellphone for awhile.  Jose, my gym buddy, stopped by and informed me he’s already seen 35 movies this year so he’s eligible to renew his Platinum card for next year.  He was on his way in to see Ad Astra.

Back at the apt we still have no internet!

Teresa told me that when she was at the gym this morning her friend informed her that she needed to get to the clinic EARLY or she would never get her medicine so Teresa changed her mind and spent a good part of the day having coffee with her friend(s).

6,603 steps today.

Joke of the day
A man wanted to become a monk so he went to the monastery and talked to the abbot (the head monk). The abbot said, "You must take a vow of silence and can only say two words every three years." The man agreed.
After the first three years, the abbot came to him and said, "What are your two words?"
"Food cold!" the man replied. The abbot made sure the meals are not cold.
Three more years went by and the abbot came to him and said, "What are your two words?"
"Robe dirty!" the man exclaimed. The abbot ordered his robe be washed.
Three more years went by and the abbot came to him and said, "What are your two words?"
"Bed hard!" The abbot made sure the mattress got re-stuffed.
Three more years went by and the abbot came to him and said, "What are your two words?"
"I quit!" said the man.
"Well," the abbot replied, "I'm not surprised - you've done nothing but complain since you got here!"

No comments:

Post a Comment