Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Wednesday, October 2, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

Still no wifi.  Back still feels good.

Teresa told me she’s going to cancel our dentist appointment today because she has her doctor’s appointment.  Again, I had to remind her that our dentist’s appointment is Thursday not today!

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I completed my limited set of exercises in an hour.

Teresa returned at 11:30.  She told me she had an arepa con chocolo and coffee with her girlfriends and now she’s full so she wants me to go to lunch on my own.

I left the apt at 11:45 and walked up to Salpi Jugos but I found it closed.  Maybe they don’t open until noon but I didn’t wait around to find out.  I had lunch at Asados Rogelio for the usual 17mil.  I walked up to Parva just to confirm it was still closed.  I stopped at Eduardo Madrid but they didn’t have any English muffins so I bought 2 sesame seed bagels.

I grabbed my jacket (theater is usually cold) and Teresa and I left the apt at 1:15 for her 3:40 doctor’s appointment.  We were at the clinic by 1:45 and we were taken at 2:30.  All I understood from her discussion with the doctor was something about her face and arthritis and she got some more appointments.

Afterward we walked across the street where I enrolled in next week’s chess tournament for 70mil.  I noticed about half a dozen shipping containers taking up space in the the chess league parking lot.

In the taxi to Oviedo mall I noticed a large number of shipping containers taking up space around the stadium.  I soon figured out what was going on when I saw Cirque de Soleil signs on some of them.

By the time we arrived at Oviedo mall Teresa was starving so we went downstairs to J&C Delicias where she ordered fish.  After paying, I went upstairs to Cine Colombia to buy tickets for the 6:40 showing of Yesterday.  On the way up on the escalator I got an idea and checked my Cine Colombia app and found there was a showing at 3:40, 20 minutes from now.  I called Teresa and she agreed and I got 2 free preferred seating tickets as a Platinum member gift because it was my birthday month.

Back downstairs I arrived just in time to bring Teresa her order.  
Afterward we went upstairs and I bought a small popcorn, small Coke and small bottle of water.

Due to trailers and advertisements we arrived in the theater just in time to catch the beginning.  There were about 2 dozen people in the theater.  It wasn’t cold at all so I didn’t really need my jacket.  After the movie Teresa agreed she liked it very much.  I wish she would trust me more when I tell her there’s a good movie she should see.

Teresa window shopped a bit and at one point she led me into a jewelry store where Teresa tried on gold bracelets.  She found one she liked but at a little over 1 million pesos decided we have better things to spend our money on.  That might have turned out differently if we weren’t so afraid of attracting thieves.

We walked to Santafe mall but at Zara Teresa didn’t find anything she was interested in.  We took a taxi back to the apt.

Well, I got a warning on my cellphone that I’ve used up my 12GB of data for last month.  It goes a lot faster when there is no working wifi in the apt.

Still no wifi!

12,585 steps today.

Joke of the day
A girl is sitting on the couch with her grandpa and studying the wrinkles on his old face.
She gets up the nerve to rub her fingers over the wrinkles.
She touches her own face and looks more puzzled.
Finally the girl asks, "Grandpa, did God make you?" 
"He sure did honey, a long time ago," replies her grandpa. 
"Well, did God make me?" asks the girl.
"Yes, He did, and that wasn't too long ago," answers her grandpa. 
"Boy," says the little girl, "He's sure doing a lot better job these days isn't He?"

No comments:

Post a Comment