Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Saturday, September 21, 2019


Today is Day of Love and Friendship in Colombia.

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

My back feels much better this morning – not weak and sore.

I had Teresa call our driver and she found out he will charge me 70mil to take us to the finca, wait a bit for us and bring us back to the apt.

She then called a 2nd driver because his car is newer.  He is the one whose number we took our last trip from Mayorista.

At 9:50 I went down to the porteria and Chuck and John were waiting for me.  I called Teresa and told her they were there.  She came down 5 minutes later and the driver Diego showed up.  We gave Teresa the front seat and the 3 of us got in the back.  John was in the center and I felt like I was sitting next to a rugby player.

It took 30 minutes to get to the hill up to the finca.  Unfortunately with all the weight in the back his car soon bottomed out.  We got out and with Teresa he made it up to the turnoff with ease.  We walked up to them and continued on our way to the finca.  I finally saw the new gate for the first time.  John took lots of photos and I asked him to please Whatsapp them to me so I would have a copy.  We were there about 45 minutes and the driver took us back to Envigado.

We all got out at La Bahia, I paid the driver 70mil and we all had the menu of the day for 13,500 pesos.  It rained a bit while we were inside but it stopped by the time we had finished eating.   Chuck picked up the check so I invited everyone to the mall for coffee. 

Teresa went to visit her mother and we went to Café Arangos where we all had coffee (except John the Englishman had a beer) and a slice of carrot cake.  It rained quite hard for about 15 minutes while we were there.  John paid me back the 70mil I paid the driver and I paid 37,400 for the drinks and carrot cake.

John went with Chuck to meet Darnely in Parque Envigado.  I printed a few chess pages then bought a package of eggs in Exito.  I went into Todo Fresa where I had another café con leche and reviewed my chess notes.

I was back at the apt by 3:30.

I bought another set of chess lessons – The Anna Rudolf Method for $29.

Teresa called me at 6pm and told me she wanted to go to Antica Pizza.  I walked down to MT’s building but only Teresa came out as MT wanted to rest.  We took a taxi to Antica Pizza and it was a little crowded but no more than the usual weekend.

We were back at the apt by 8pm.

I watched the first 2 lessons of The Anna Rudolf Method.

8,769 steps today.

Joke of the day
A woman and her son were taking a cab in New York City. It was raining and all the hookers were standing under the awnings. 
"Mommy," said the little boy, "what are all those ladies doing?" 
"They're waiting for their husbands to get off of work," she replied. 
The cabbie turns around and says, "Geez lady, why don't you tell him the truth? They're hookers. They have sex with men for money." 
The little boy's eyes get wide and he says, "Is that true, mommy?" His mother, glaring at the cabbie, answers in the affirmative.
After a few minutes, the kid asks, "Mommy what happens to the babies those ladies have?"
"Most of them become cab drivers," she replied.

1 comment:

  1. Got a bellylaugh at today's joke. Thanx Terry. Oh, and it was NTM.*

    * New to me
    ==

    ReplyDelete