Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Monday, September 30, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Again my back is feeling good this morning.

Teresa told me it rained last night but I didn’t see or hear anything.
I downloaded the World Remit app but I couldn’t get it to accept my email address and my password so I guess I’m going to have to deal in cash this month.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I completed my limited set of exercises in an hour.

After gym, Teresa is going to Une to talk to them about our lack of wifi service then she will call me and we’ll meet for lunch at Asados Rogelio in La Buena Mesa.

Teresa called me about 11:45 while I was in the shower.  I called her back but no answer.  I tried again at noon and this time she answered.  I understood she was in Une as she asked me to disconnect the router for 2 minutes and then reconnect it.

Teresa called me back just after 1pm and asked me to meet her for lunch at 1:30.

We had a nice menu of the day at Asados Rogelio for 24mil.

Teresa returned to the apt and then she was going to El Tesoro mall to return a blouse she bought.  I understood that being the end of the month this was her last opportunity.

I walked to downtown Envigado where I bought my medicine for the month at Todo Drogas..  The first ATM I stopped at would only give me 400mil and I knew it wouldn’t allow me to make 4 withdrawals but I got lucky at another ATM and after 2 withdrawals I figured I had enough to pay the beginning of the month bills.

At Bancolombia, for more security, I went to the inside deposit machine but there were a couple of people ahead of me.  After the first person finished she had a discussion with one of the bank employees.  I think the machine might have run out of paper in which to print receipts.  I got tired of waiting and went outside where I used another machine and had to juggle my 3 bills and the cash I had just withdrawn.  I paid the main bills for the month – apt, health insurance, and gym.  I paid a little extra for the gym this month because Teresa is switching to their Black plan which will allow her to go to any Smartfit location.

I walked down to the mall where I had some chess notes printed.  At Todo Fresa I had a cafĂ© con leche while studying my chess tactics for an hour.

About 5pm I returned to the apt.

Teresa returned about 7pm and told me she somehow got a reprieve of another month to exchange her blouse.

Teresa was telling me about a doctor’s appointment she has tomorrow at 2pm.  I told her I wouldn’t be able to go with her because I’m playing chess with Jose.  Luckily, she showed me her appointment and I pointed out that it’s for October 2nd and tomorrow is the 1st.  She also mentioned that we also have an appointment with Dr. Rencon for teeth cleaning from 3-5pm on the 2nd and I showed her my cellphone notes that say it’s on the 3rd.  Good thing we discussed it.

In the evening we got some more rain.

Still no wifi.

11,495 steps today.

Joke of the day
There was a blonde who was sick of hearing blonde jokes.
One day, she decided to get a makeover, so she cut and dyed her hair. She went driving down a country road and came across a herd of sheep.
She stopped and called the sheep herder over. "Tell you what. I have a proposition for you," said the woman. "If I can guess the exact number of sheep in your flock, can I take one home?" 
"Sure," said the sheep herder. So, she sat up and looked at the herd for a second and then replied "382". 
"Wow!" said the herder. "That is exactly right. Go ahead and pick out the sheep you want to take home." So the woman went and picked one out and put it in her car.
Then, the herder said, "Okay, now I have a proposition for you".
"What is it?" queried the woman. 
"If I can guess the real color of your hair, can I have my dog back?"

No comments:

Post a Comment