Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Wednesday, September 25, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up twice at 12:30 and 4:30, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

Teresa had already left for the downtown Envigado clinic to pick up her medicine.

I left the apt just after 7am and walked to Aymará for breakfast.  I had my usual, the waffle with red fruit and vanilla ice cream but without the whipped cream, and 2 café con leches for 13,900 ($4).  While sitting at an outside table with a view of the small park I noticed a couple arrive with 2 dogs and then they proceeded to do some dog training.

On my way back to the apt I passed Parva which was closed and had a sign that read “Por motivos de remodelacion en produccion; no prestaremos servicio durante esta semana.  Ofrecemos discuplas a nuestros clientes gracias Parva Bakery House.”

I was back by 8:45.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show.  Most of it was a Special Report about the House of Representatives investigating the president on impeachment issues.  At the gym I completed my abbreviated exercises in an hour and 5 minutes.  I ran into Marcos who is back from his trip to New York.

I forgot to mention that a few days ago I briefly ran into Sondra near the bank in downtown Envigado.  That might have been last Thursday when I ran into Jerry.

Teresa returned at 12:15.  She went to Itagui for her medicine and they sent her to Sabaneta.  She’s tired and wants to rest, shower, and then she has leftover chicken for lunch so I’m on my own.  I decided I would go to Salpi Jugos again for my Cesar Salad.

I left the apt at 1pm and had a nice lunch at Salpi Jugos for 29mil ($9).

I had some chess notes printed at the new copy center.

I stopped at Eduardo Madrid Bakery where I had a café con leche and got 2 English muffins to go.  There was a light rain for a few minutes while I was there.

On my way back to the apt there were still a few sprinkles.

I was back at the apt by 3pm.

I couldn’t find my flash drive.  I hope I left it at the copy center and they kept it for me.

Still no wifi!  Teresa asked me if we shoulds switch to Claro wifi.  I told her whatever works better.  Tomorrow I think I’ll go to the downtown Envigado Une office and inform them that our wifi doesn’t work and get their service telephone number.

9,196 steps today.

Joke of the day
A young man takes the day off work and decides to go out golfing. He is at the second hole when he notices a frog sitting next to the green. He thinks nothing of it and is about to swing when he hears, "Ribbit. 9- Iron".
The man looks around and doesn't see anyone. "Ribbit. 9-Iron." He looks at the frog and decides to prove the frog wrong. He puts his other club away, and grabs a 9-iron. Boom! he hits it 10 inches from the cup. He is shocked!  He says to the frog, "Wow that's amazing. You must be a lucky frog, eh?" The frog replies "Ribbit. Lucky frog."
The man decides to take the frog with him to the next hole. "What do you think frog?" the man asks. "Ribbit. 3-wood."  The guy takes out a 3-wood, and boom! A hole in one.  The man is befuddled and doesn't know what to say. By the end of the day, the man has golfed the best game of golf in his life and asks the frog, "OK where to next?" The frog replies, "Ribbit. Las Vegas."
They go to Las Vegas and the guy says, "OK frog, now what?" The frog says, "Ribbit. Roulette."  Upon approaching the roulette table, the man asks, "What do you think I should bet?" The frog replies, "Ribbit. $3000, black 6." Now, this is a million-to-one shot to win, but after the golf game, the young man figures what the heck. Boom - tons of cash comes sliding back across the table.
The man takes his winnings and buys the best room in the hotel. He sits the frog down and says, "Frog, I don't know how to repay you. You've helped me to win all this money and I am forever grateful." The frog replies, "Ribbit, Kiss Me."  He figures, Why not? After all the frog did for him, it is a small price to pay. With the kiss, however, the frog turns into a gorgeous 28-year-old young woman.
"And that, sir, is exactly how your wife ended up in my room."

No comments:

Post a Comment