Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Tuesday, October 15, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

I watched the first hour of the Today show and left the apt at 10am.  Today I was dressed in shorts and brought a large towel.  I quickly caught a taxi at Avenida Las Vegas.  For a change the driver was a woman.  Even after giving her the address of the clinic she didn’t know where it was.  I told her to drive to Aguacatala station, take Avenida 80 and I would guide her from there.  Now she knows where it is.

As usual I confirmed me appointment and went up to the 2nd floor of the adjoining building.  I was 40 minutes early for my appointment.  I wanted to kill some time looking at my cellphone but I had to stay vigilant for the word “physiotherapia” so I would know that it was my turn.  Thirty five minutes later I went to the desk to double check that I hadn’t missed the word.  I guess not so I returned to my seat.  Five minutes later right at 11am I was called.  I was the only patient so I guess their starting time is probably 11am.

Natalia gave me my usual 20 minute electric heat massage.  Then she had me do a couple exercises that weren’t too difficult.  She told me I could leave but first I asked for, and was given, the appointment paper I had left last time.  I also told her that I’m now taking extract of the Marigold flower twice a day and it is really helping my back.

It was just before noon so I took a taxi to Viva Envigado.  At Sarku’s I had my usual chicken teriyaki with a mango juice.  There were a couple of American girls there but I didn’t get a chance to talk to them as they were only getting a takeout order.

I went to Exito where I paid the epm utility bill.  I asked the security guard if I could get to Home Center through the parking lot and he told me yes but it’s deep.  I kept asking each parking attendant as I went through the garage.  Near the end I asked if I could get to a Home Center entrance and was told I have to go straight ahead to the escalator and go down one level for the 1st floor or up one level for their 2nd floor.

In Home Center I was looking for washers for the shower door handle but was told they didn’t have them and she didn’t know where I could get them.  Obviously this isn’t Ace Hardware.

I went around the corner to Todo Fresa where I had a café con leche.  I called Jose to ask how he was doing after his eye surgery but I just got his voice mail.  I called Teresa and she was having lunch with girlfriends near Aymara bakery.  Since she was so close to Parva I asked her to pick up the cereal bread she had asked me to pick up for breakfast tomorrow.

I returned to the apt.

Last Monday when I returned from my chess match I picked up a Gente newspaper.  From photos and my limited Spanish I understood there was an article about a new public golf course somewhere in Loma de Escobero.  I asked Teresa where that was and she said way up north in Bello.  Well, that’s too far for me.  I googled Loma de Escobero and an option came up for Envigado.  There was a phone number 313 690 2704 in the article for further information.  I had Teresa call it with 2 main questions: are they in Envigado? and do they rent golf clubs?.  She called and I learned that it is a new public course, they are open Saturdays and Sundays, they rent golf clubs, currently its free but its still under construction (probably weekdays).  He said we could take the El Favolito bus from Ayura station to the course.

Teresa left to visit with her mother in her apt.

Teresa called me about 5pm and asked me to join her and MT at the mall for supper.

When I was putting on my belt I had a painful reminded that I have a sore shoulder so there won’t be any golf in my near future.

I walked to the mall and met them at Café Arangos.  The owner soon asked for our order.  I suggested we first get some real food then return for coffee.

We went to Crepes & Waffles where Teresa had the chicken broccoli crepe, I had the chicken Pekin crepe and MD had a bowl of soup.  The total including 2 juices and tip was 59,100 pesos.
We went back to Café Arangos where I, alone, had a café con leche.  While there we heard a downpour twice.

When we left there was just a mist in the air but the ground was wet.  We walked MT a block away from her apt and then we returned to ours.

Teresa informed me that she’s afraid for her mother because she has low blood pressure.  I understand they are going to see a doctor at Consumo tomorrow morning.

After Teresa watched her usual 8pm Yo Me Llamo program I connected to my Slingbox and watched the last hour of the democratic debate.

When it was over I took my usual half a melatonin and read for about 45 minutes before going to bed.

11,062 steps today.

Joke of the day
An elderly priest, speaking to a younger priest, said: "It was a good idea to replace the first four pews with plush bucket theater seats. It worked like a charm. The front of the church always fills first now."
The young priest nodded, and the old priest continued: "And you told me that adding a little more beat to the music would bring young people back to church, so I supported you when you brought in that rock 'n' roll gospel choir.  Now our services are consistently packed to the balcony." 
"Thank you, father," answered the young priest. "I am pleased that you are open to the new ideas of youth." 
"All of these ideas have been well and good," said the elderly priest. "But I'm afraid you've gone too far with the drive-thru confessional."
"But, father," protested the young priest, "my confessions and the donations have nearly doubled since I began that!" 
"Yes," replied the elderly priest, "and I appreciate that. But that flashing neon sign, ‘Toot 'n' Tell or Go to Hell’ cannot stay on the church roof.”

No comments:

Post a Comment