Saturday, February 13, 2016

Friday, February 12th, 2016



I was awakened by the dogs barking at 6:30am.  I thought someone was near the house but Teresa told me it’s just the dogs fighting.  

We got a call 5 minutes later.  Teresa was giving directions to the finca so I understand someone from Une is on the way.

Teresa got up 5 minutes later and quieted the dogs.  She told me we need to lock Peter up during the night so things will be quieter in the morning allowing us to sleep later.

Teresa got me up at 7:30 because Une was coming.

The Une guy called at 8am while we were eating the granola we bought last night and Teresa went out to guide the guy to the finca.  (At least I assume that’s what she’s doing.)  A minute later I heard the usual battle between the terriers and the G-dogs but it only lasted a few seconds.  

At 8:10 Teresa came back with a young man from Une.  He put down his heavy backpack, looked at the router connection, made a call on his cell phone and stepped outside.  I can only guess that he’s talking to someone else working down the hill.

It’s a very overcast day – looks like rain to me – I checked the thermometer and it’s only about 60 or 62 degrees at 8:30 in the morning.

Teresa was watching one of her decoration programs and I saw the seats I wanted for my chess chairs.  I guess that triggered something because she called James right away.  I understood he’ll come Monday.  Right!

At 9:10 Teresa looked outside, told me to turn off the stove (she meant burners), and said something about a car coming down.

The Une guy came back and connected an electronic device to the cord (forgot what it’s called) leading to the router.  He checked something and then left again.

Teresa came in at 9:30 and told me the internet problem is serious.  I told her these are intelligent guys and they will work hard to fix it.  She lit a candle in hopes that they will fix it.

Teresa told me the muchachos “demorar” so she’s going to take a nap.  I don’t have internet but I looked up the word in my dictionary and it means “to delay” so I guess they’ve been delayed for some reason.  I asked Teresa how long and she said about an hour and then she went to take a nap.

At 10:45 a different Une man (the 3rd) came in, spent a few minutes by the router and then left.

I understand there is a serious problem with the new cable they installed last November.

I took a nap from 11:45 to 12:40.

They came back just before 1pm and all left again.  I’m not worried that they’ve left for good because their backpack is still here.

If I understood the news on TV correctly, 1 billion Colombian flowers are on their way to the US for Valentine’s Day.

They all came back at 1:30, looked at the router, picked up the backpack and left.  They did leave an additional router here and I can hear Teresa talking to one of them waiting outside.

One of the men came back at 2pm, looked at the wall connection behind the cabinet and talked to someone on the phone.  I kept checking my xe.com (currency exchange) app on my iPad and all of a sudden I noticed it updated the exchange amount – 3,410 – so I have internet again.

I thanked them profusely and they left a few minutes later.

I have a lot to get caught up on – balance my bank account, read emails, update my blog, add reviews to trip advisor, update the operating system on my ipad, reorder the Christmas present for my son, etc.

Aargh!  I forgot what link I use to post to my blog.  I started entering www.a... www.b... And luckily it was near the beginning of the alphabet and I found it right away.  Whew!

I read 12 comments that readers posted to my blog – I appreciate everyone’s concern but I’m good - my Une service not so good.

T-shirt of the day: Check me out.  (followed by bar code)

No comments:

Post a Comment