Friday, February 12, 2016

Tuesday, January 26th, 2016



I fell asleep quickly, only got up once during the night, was awakened by the dogs about 7am, again by Une at 8:15, finally getting up at 9:30.

I understand Une is supposed to come this afternoon.  Hah!  I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Peluche appears to have recovered; you can no longer see his ribs and he doesn’t favor his back foot.

I watched Body Double.

On the news they showed that the Colombian Pesos is up to 3,381 to the US dollar and that oil is down to $32 per barrel.

At 5:30 Une called and Teresa asked me to guide them down past Guillermo’s house when they call back.  I put on my shoes, got my fanny pack and flashlight ready…and waited.  I asked her if they could still work in the dark and she said yes, so I waited.

Teresa bought a mop head but it wouldn’t screw tightly on the handle so she wrapped wire around it trying to keep the 2 pieces together.  She also tried putting plumbers tape on the handle but that didn’t help.  I tried drilling a hole in the plastic mop head and the handle to put a nail or screw through them.  I noticed she had the drill running in reverse but when I finally figured out how to get it to work in the right direction it still wouldn’t go through the plastic.  I asked her why she didn’t just buy the two pieces together and I guess it was because it would be too difficult to bring back on the bus.  So now she can’t mop the floor. Sigh!  

7pm and still waiting for Une.  I finally gave up at 7:30 and changed out of my shoes.

I finished Lawrence Wright’s 494 page The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11 and started reading Megan Abbott’s 262 page The Fever.  I learned that 9/11 probably could have been averted if the CIA would have shared its data with the FBI.

I took 2 sleeping pills at 10:30 and went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: I’m not in the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment