Friday, February 12, 2016

Sunday, January 24th, 2016



I fell asleep rather quickly but woke up at 3:40am.  I had difficulty getting back to sleep and the dogs started barking at first light – about 6am.  I finally fell back asleep and woke/got up at 8:30.

Teresa told me if we don’t hear from Une by 10am then we’re going to Exito in Envigado to buy some needed supplies.  I also need an internet connection to read my emails and check on and take care of a few things.
Still no internet.

When I came out of the shower I understood Teresa was talking to someone at Une.  I think she gave them a piece of her mind: we’ve been waiting 11 days for the problem to get fixed and they say they are coming but don’t show up and don’t call.  Teresa brought up the subject of getting “different internet”.  I took the opportunity to mention the thingee that Laura had plugged into her computer that gave her an internet connection.  I believe it was from Movistar.  I told her not to worry about cost; strength and reliability are more important.  She told me that Une should be here tomorrow but we’re still going to Envigado today so I can get acess to the internet.  But I want to be back by 3pm to see the NFL Championship games.  I’m pulling for Ron Rivera’s Panthers to win it all.

It’s very overcast today so Teresa told me that if it doesn’t rain we’ll go to Envigado.  At 9:30 she informed me that we’ll go tomorrow.  I guess we’ll wait for Une for awhile and then if they don’t show up we’ll go to Envigado.

I took a nap from 9:45 to 11:30.

Someone came by about noon and I heard Teresa say “Une” but I guess she was just asking them.  As to who they were, I only understood the word “magazine”.

At 2pm Teresa and I each had a hamburger and we shared a 600ml bottle of Coke.  The games begin at 3pm but I don’t have any snacks to munch on during the game: no chips, pretzels or peanuts.  My brother should be bringing me some Fritos corn chips and a bag of peanuts next week, just in time for the Super Bowl.

I was fortunate to be able to change the broadcast of the AFC Championship game to English.  At halftime it was Denver 17, New England 9.  Denver ended up winning a real close one 20-18.

I only saw some of the NFC Championship game because after the 1st quarter it wasn’t really close.  The Panthers beat the Cardinals 49-15.

I took 2 sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed at 11:30.

T-shirt of the day: Shoot ‘til my arm falls off.

No comments:

Post a Comment