Friday, February 12, 2016

Thursday, January 14th, 2016



It took a while to fall asleep, I got up once at 4:45, had trouble getting back to sleep, the dogs started barking at 6am, I’m sure from the sounds I heard that someone got bit – twice, I got up again at 8:30 and I’m glad I went back to bed because I fell asleep quickly finally waking/getting up at 9:55.  I really needed that extra hour or more.

We left the finca at noon, and got past the G-dogs undetected.  I noticed that Guillermo’s gate is now painted red and green and his doghouse red, green, and white.

We waited 20 minutes for a bus.  The problem I think we had is that there are buses following slow moving trucks and our spot is their first opportunity they have to pass so either they don’t see us wave them down or they are in the process of passing and aren’t going to stop.

I heard that Mayorca CC has expanded to additional space across the street east of the original location and today I saw that instead of calling themselves an outlet mall now they are a mega plaza.

We got off just before the Poblado station and quickly caught a taxi to MBE.  Teresa called ahead to MBE and convinced the driver to wait for me as I ran inside and paid 97,080 for the January and February rental and picked up my pension receipts, my December Chess Life magazine and a check from AFA for $31.32.  I also had to pay an extra 16,250 which must be for documents I received this month.  I was back at the taxi 5 minutes later.  On the west side of Parque Poblado I noticed a restaurant whose name was German Street Food.

We got to El Tesoro CC at 1:45 and stopped for lunch at J&C Delicias where Teresa had their surf & turf arepa and I had their chicken stir fry arepa for 60,500 including tip.  They really gave me a lot of chicken.

While Teresa had her dentist appointment I stopped at Citibank to withdraw cash and to see if USAA refunds any of the 16,824.35 fee I was charged.  I also stopped at the little copy center in Carulla where I printed out a joke to tell the dentist and a spreadsheet of our trip in 2 weeks.  Here’s the joke:
A guy sends a text to his next-door neighbor:
"Bob, I'm sorry. I've been riddled with guilt and I have to confess: I have been helping myself to your wife when you're not around, probably more than you. I know it's no excuse but I don't get it at home. I can't live with the guilt any longer. I hope you'll accept my sincerest apology. It won't happen again."
Feeling outrage and betrayed, Bob grabs his gun, goes into the bedroom, and without a word, shoots his wife.
Moments later the guy gets a second text: "Really should use spell check! That should be "wifi"."
He really liked that one.  We have another appointment for next Thursday, January 21st at 2pm.

We stopped at O-Cake where we shared a bottle of water.

I asked Teresa for the cell phone and she looked through her purse and then declared that I have it.  I looked in my fanny pack just in case and told her I don’t have it.  She claimed I left it on the table in the restaurant.  I know I didn’t do that, I thought I even heard it ring while I was waiting for her in the dentist’s office.

I went back up to the dentist’s office to see if she left it there.  She didn’t.  Back downstairs she showed me the cell phone that she had found in an outside pocket.  Sigh!

We took a taxi to the highway and there was a Tratam bus waiting for us.  We got past the G-dogs and were back at the finca by 7:15.

I found I have wi-fi but no internet connection.  I tried stirring the tanks with no success.  I’ll wait until tomorrow to try again and if unsuccessful I’ll have Teresa call and see what’s going on.

I took 2 sleeping pills at 10:30 and went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: Fuck drugs.  Go surfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment