Friday, February 12, 2016

Saturday, January 16th, 2016



I got up 3 times during the night, finally waking/getting up at 8:45.

We left the finca at 12:15, got past the G-dogs undetected and were on a bus to Aguacatala after a 5 minute wait.  We took a taxi to Santafe CC.  

While Teresa was returning something in Zara I got the mall’s wifi but couldn’t get an internet connection.

We had lunch at an Italian fast food place (Dilati?) – Teresa had a large salad and I had spaghetti and meat sauce with at least half a dozen meatballs.  Teresa also had juice and I had an iced tea.  Neither of us could completely finish our food.

While Teresa was in Forever 21, again I couldn’t get a wifi connection.  She stopped at Tanya and I still couldn’t get a wifi connection.

Laura finally showed up and we stopped in J&C Delicias where she had their surf & turf arepa and juice for 27mil.  I finally got an internet connection and I had 117 emails from my Colombian email address and 17 from my US email address.  I was very busy reading while Laura ate her late lunch.  My son still hasn’t gotten his Christmas present and I have no idea what the problem could be.  In the US they put a wax ring between a toilet and the hole in the floor and bolt it to the floor; I learned that here they don’t use a wax ring, they just cement it to the floor.  There was an email from the US embassy warning of the Zika virus in Colombia.  A few minutes later I received a text message that there are more than 11,000 cases of the Zika virus in Colombia.  I guess one shouldn’t go walking into the jungle.  It looks like the Colombian Peso closed at 3,300 to the US Dollar.

I understood Laura bought a pair of shoes and a blouse with the money she’s made at Triada so we took a taxi to Envigado so she could drop off her clothes before reporting to work at 8pm.  We continued onto the highway where we soon were on a new air conditioned van back to the finca.  The G-dogs heard us coming and I gave the black dog 2 dog biscuits.  He’s much more aggressive in the dark although I laughed when he bumped his nose on my hand as I was giving him the 2nd one.  I guess he couldn’t see too well in the dark, even with my flashlight.

We got back to the finca at 7:20; still no internet.

Teresa gave Peluche some more chicken soup; he’s starting to fatten up enough so that soon you won’t be able to see his ribs anymore.

I took 2 sleeping pills with my Tamsulosin at 10pm, set my alarm for 7am, and we went to bed at 10:45pm.

T-shirt of the day: The world is my runway.

No comments:

Post a Comment