Friday, February 12, 2016

Thursday, February 11th, 2016



It’s been four weeks now without an internet connection!

I heard rain overnight, the first time in weeks, so the laundry that Teresa left outside will need another day to dry; maybe more than one day because today is overcast so far.

Une finally called and Teresa was insistent in telling them they have to come in the morning before 1pm.  They said they will come tomorrow at 7:30am.  Yeah.  I’ll believe that when I see it.

I found a moth on the patio that looked like a brown and gold colored leaf.  A few minutes later I found a caterpillar on one of the finca’s outside walls.
It’s a very overcast day which ended up keeping the heat down even while in Medellin.

We left the finca at 12:55, I gave the black dog one of my large dog biscuits which gave us time to get to the top of the hill and we only had to wait 10 minutes for a bus.  Guillermo got off as we got on.  That old guy has a strong handshake!  I found 2,000 pesos tucked in between the seats on the bus. My lucky day!  

They are adding another layer of asphalt to one of the southbound lanes.
At Aguacatala we quickly were on a bus. I got off at Calle 19 to go to Immigration while Teresa proceeded to Viva CC to get her nails done.   After serving the man in front of me I was informed that I had to have my passport.  Ugh!  Teresa had asked me if I had my papers but all I thought of was my receipts.  If she had said passport I would have brought it but my bad!

I got off the bus at Calle 35 and walked down the street but the Importa y Importa store apparently isn’t in business any longer.  I picked up Teresa’s sandal at the shoe repair shop and met her at Nohelia.  

We had lunch at Mall Laureles – chicken from Frisby for me and fish from Patacon for her.

Teresa decided it was too late (4pm) to go to Vicky’s house to see the baby today.

We stopped in Exito where she picked up a jar of coffee and a package of hot dog buns and I picked up a microwaveable package of ACT II butter popcorn and large package of granola.  (It’s been forever since I’ve seen them selling the large bags so I couldn’t resist it.)  I’m still looking for another box of Kraft mac n cheese.

We took a bus to Aguacatala and quickly were on a bus back to the finca.  The black dog found us just as we were passing Guillermo’s house and I gave him a large dog biscuit.

We got back to the finca by 7:10pm.

On TV I saw that the peso hit a high of 3,434 today.  Wow!  I would be very happy if it would stay above 3,000 long-term.

I finished my first bag of Fritos corn chips.  :)  I still have another one and have yet to finish my first bag of peanuts.

T-shirt of the day: Glad to be bad.

1 comment: