Friday, February 12, 2016

Saturday, January 23rd, 2016



I was surprised it seemed to take a little while last night to fall asleep but then I didn’t wake up until 6:30.  I unplugged the newly charged cell phone, put it on my laptop and went back to bed.  I finally woke/got up at 8:30.

I found a text message that we received a call, probably Une, at 6:55am.  I guess I should have turned it on and taken it back to bed with me.  She told me we may have to go to the Une office in downtown Medellin.  I’m not looking forward to that.

I understand she wants to reorganize the furniture in the finca before my brother’s visit.  First she wanted to put the chest of drawers that is presently in the kitchen as a replacement for my chess table.  I told her I wouldn’t like how it looks in its new place.  I finally convinced her when I told her there wouldn’t be any place to put my legs.  I can put my legs under a table but not under a chest of drawers.  Next she wanted to move a chest of drawers from Laura’s bedroom to the living room and put the TV on top of it.  I think the main thing she wants is to hide all the cables.

Teresa told me she wants to go to Santafe CC to get her free massage.  She finally got in touch with someone at Une and I understand they are coming this afternoon.  I always thought “en la tarde” meant “in the afternoon” but now she tells me it’s like 4-5 in the afternoon.

Teresa called Walter and asked him to bring us a bag of dog food.

Teresa wanted me to finish my Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips but they were stale last time I tried them weeks ago.  I don’t know where she’s been hiding them all this time because I haven’t seen them for awhile.  So I fed them to the terriers – they loved them but I hope it doesn’t give them diarrhea.

We took a nap from 1:30 to 2:30.

I really need internet.  I think its going to take me a day to get caught up with everything as soon as I get it back.

Walter arrived at 3:15.  He not only had half a bag of dog food he also had the desktop.  On the box it’s also called a cook top although the instructions are all in Spanish.  It fit perfectly in the space cut out for it and he set up the burners but it still needs a gas hookup.  It started raining and while they were talking I went out and brought in all the clothes from the line.  It’s been a while since we’ve had rain.  I paid him 90mil.

It stopped raining about 45 minutes later.

Well, it’s dark now (6:45) and still no word from Une.  :(

I took 2 sleeping pills at 10:15 and went to bed at 10:45pm.

T-shirt of the day: See. Love. Girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment