Friday, February 12, 2016

Saturday, February 6th, 2016



We all checked out of the hotel.  They wouldn’t take credit or debit cards, only cash or Paypal.  I charged my bill to my Paypal account, paid Bruce’s bill in cash (because he was running low), and deducted that amount from the $500 I owed my brother.

We all left for the airport at 11:45 and arrived by 12:30.  It cost 60,000 pesos for each of the 2 taxis.

They checked their baggage and then we went upstairs where Teresa and I had lunch at J&C Delicias.  I was going to get their chicken Caesar salad until I saw they had lasagna so I switched.

We all said our goodbyes at 2:45 as they left for their 3:29 flight.

I’m sure they all enjoyed the trip and Joan wants to return again with Jim next year.

We took the airport bus to San Diego where Teresa checked out a clearance sale at Falabella.  She didn’t find anything.  We picked up some necessary items at Exito and then took a taxi to the Poblado station.  After a short wait we got seats on a bus back to the finca.

We were stopped by the police at the triangle just outside Caldas.  They took everyone’s Cedula but when they saw mine (foreign Cedula) they returned it to me right away.  The police officer was able to check the Cedulas while still on the bus with some device which I assume gave him an internet connection.  We were soon back on our way.

We got past the G-dogs undetected.

Still no internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment