Friday, February 12, 2016

Wednesday, January 27th, 2016



I fell asleep quickly but was awakened by one of the terrier’s barking.  It was still dark outside so I thought it was probably 5am.  After a trip to the bathroom I turned on my cell phone and it was only 3am.  Groan!  I set the alarm for 7am and went back to bed.  I was awakened by the alarm and Teresa told me she wanted to get up at 7:30 but we both got up at 7:15.
Still no internet.

We left the finca at 8:15, I gave the black dog 2 dog biscuits and we ran into Guillermo with his Styrofoam cooler at the highway.  We only had to wait 5 minutes for a bus to Caldas.  Guillermo told us that someone’s 12 year old daughter died of cancer.  When we got off the bus we walked a few blocks to a mortuary.  There was a small casket, open over the face with a plastic or glass cover but I didn’t go over and look.  We left after about 5 minutes. 
We stopped at a BanColombia ATM to make a cash withdrawal.

While we were walking across the street to Parque Caldas I observed 2 horses crossing the street without anyone noticeably leading them.

We stopped at Aymara for breakfast.  Teresa had scrambled eggs, arepa and hot chocolate while I had my usual strawberry waffle and coffee for a total of 19,100.  I had my iPad and I found an open wifi connection so I turned on my Nook and downloaded the book I had purchased previously.  Now I can read it on either my iPad or my Nook.  Teresa pointed out Teresa’s professor was there; the pretty one with the nice figure that I saw at Laura’s graduation.  Only today she didn’t look so pretty not being in full makeup and nice clothes.

We were walking down the street to Merkepaisa when we passed 2 young ladies – the first pushing a stroller with a young child and the other carrying a young child.  Just as the second lady passed us she popped out her boob to breastfeed the child.  I didn’t get more than a glance but it looked like a nice boob.

In the grocery store we ran into Alberto Magallon the owner of the Casa Pomplona restaurant in Caldas.  I told him my brother is returning for a visit this weekend.  He gave me his business card and told me we should call a day ahead if anyone wants to order paella or mariscos.  I understand he is open every day from noon to 3pm and 5pm to close.  He also said he has a friend with a Spanish restaurant called Casa Lara a block from Parque Poblado.
 
We bought about 106mil of groceries at Merkepaisa including food for the lunch we will be having at the finca next Monday.  Walter met us with his taxi after a 5 minute wait.

We stopped at the nursery where Teresa picked up 4 small pots, some potting soil and mulch for 68mil.

We got up the sideroad to the finca on the first try.  Walter spent about 45 minutes putting up the flower pots on the side of the finca.  He even managed to open Teresa’s “frozen” drill.  I was afraid I was going to have to buy a new one.  I paid him 25mil for his services.

Still no internet.

On the news they showed some type of new card that can be used on some buses and the metro.

We did some reorganizing of the finca and I moved the coil of TV wire from inside the finca to outside.

Teresa and I took a nap from 2pm to 3:50 and then we got a call from Une.  They claim they will be here tomorrow morning.

Teresa made an appointment to have her hair done tomorrow at 3:30 in Envigado.  I’ll need a wifi connection to take care of a few things and then I can go play chess in the park.

I started watching Brazil from my hard drive but after 6 minutes I decided it was too ridiculous to continue.  I skipped Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Breaking Away and started watching Bridesmaids 

I took 2 sleeping pills at 11:30 and went to bed at midnight.

T-shirt of the day: Lost in Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment