Friday, February 12, 2016

Tuesday, February 2nd, 2016



My brother discovered dozens of bites on the back of his legs from the no-seeums that got him while sitting outside the finca in shorts yesterday.  I had about 3 bites myself.

My brother told me there was some type of business conference going on here at the hotel.  Both mornings I saw a portable table set up in the patio filled with cell phones.  My brother informed me that they collect the cell phones before each meeting so they will pay attention in the conference.  Smart!  I took advantage of the situation by looking at the cell phones and deduced that the favorite cell phone here in Colombia is Samsung.

We checked out of Hacienda la Extremadura.  My charge was 227,000 pesos a night ($69).  The best thing about this hotel is the cool fresh air and the beautiful views.  The worst thing is there’s nothing of value nearby the hotel so you have to take a taxi to go anywhere.

We took taxis to 61Prado Guesthouse in berrio Prado near downtown Medellin.  On the way the ladies freaked out when they saw homeless people sleeping on the sidewalk.

Teresa checked in again as Ana Maria.  I understood that otherwise some government official might review the hotel records and see that I’ve been staying with 2 different women.

We all got rooms on the 2nd floor - the others got large rooms but ours was much smaller.

We took taxis to Plaza Botero where we walked around looking at all the Botero sculptures.

 We also saw half a dozen soldiers on horseback.

While we were looking at the sculptures Bruce volunteered to take a picture of four young Colombian girls who were also there.  One of them spoke good English.  More about them later.


We went into Museo de Antioquia and spent some time looking at more sculptures and paintings.





We had dinner at the hotel and it was delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Believe me, the government wouldn't care if you sleep with 2, 3, or none ladies. This is crazy. My friend and I are just laughing right now.

    ReplyDelete