Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Tuesday, February 16th, 2016



Well, starting at 5:30 in the morning Peluche barked at a rate of more than once a second until 6:45 when Teresa got up and yelled at him.  I guess we’ll have to lock them all up at night.

Still no internet.

We left the finca at 8:25; not sure why we’re leaving so early for an 11am appointment in Estadio.  I gave a large dog biscuit to the black dog and the other black dog with the 6 or 8 teats showing came out and I tossed it a small dog biscuit.

We were on a bus after a 10 minute wait.  We got off at the La Estrella station where I bought metro tickets for 2,200 pesos each.  At the San Antonio station, we left the train, walked upstairs and got right on another.  We got off at the Estadio station and walked a couple blocks to where we could see the Nueva eps office (Calle 50 #69-88).  It was 9:45 so we walked a couple blocks to the hotel (Hotel Sauces del Estadio) where I had had lunch with Gloria, the chess league secretary.  We each had scrambled eggs, an arepa and coffee for me and hot chocolate for her for 15,000 pesos.  At 10:40 we walked over the the Nueva eps office, I paid 2,700 pesos (about 80 cents) for my consultation and we took our seats.  After about a 25 minute wait we were called to Consultation Room #3.  The young doctor said he knows a little English but he was reluctant to use it because he doesn’t often have a chance to practice.  After listening to him talk to Teresa for a few minutes he confirmed my translation of what he had said:  He wants the lab to perform additional tests on my biopsy results.  I don’t need another or a different test, just lab work on my current specimens we have with us.  So, tomorrow we go back to Nueva eps in Envigado to get another appointment to take our lab results to a clinic in the Prado neighborhood.  I told Teresa we could have lunch at 61Prado if she wants.

We took a taxi to Immigration where I showed my passport, received my new Cedula, signed a ledger type book, and were out in 5 minutes.

We took a taxi to the Ragged outlet store.  Laura, Vicky’s daughter, was working there.  I understand they send her to whatever store location they need the most help at.  Teresa found a pair of light white slacks she bought for 45,000 pesos.

Laura told us that the restaurant/bar across the street, Maru Rico!, serves a nice lunch.  We walked across the street but I guess Teresa didn’t like the menu (they probably didn’t have fish) as she only ordered a juice so I ordered an iced tea.  The total was 7,500 pesos.

We took a taxi to the Aguacatala station and were on a direct bus after a 10 minute wait.

We ran into a neighbor on our way up the sideroad.  Teresa told me she lives in the last finca on top of the mountain.  That’s a long ways!

The black dog came out and I gave her a large dog biscuit.  She caught up with me again and I gave her a small dog biscuit.

We got back to the finca at 2:30.

I took a nap from 3:50 to 5pm and went I got up I found I had an internet connection again.  Yay!

We decided to put the dogs away in back for the night.  I put Peter in the shed while Teresa put Peluche in the chicken coop.  Teresa put a blanket over Tony but he growled when she touched him so she was afraid to pick him up.  I didn’t want to get bitten either so I refused to pick him up.  We both laughed a lot over that.  I picked up Luna but while I was putting her in the chicken coop Peluche escaped.  We laughed a lot over our troubles.  I told her I couldn’t imagine doing this every night so there must be a better way.

I started posting my vacation experiences to Trip Advisor.  I started with the 3 hotels we stayed in.

I received another report that Laura is very happy with her English lessons.

T-shirt of the day: I’m not in the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment