Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Monday, February 15th, 2016



Internet seemed to come and go, finally gone by 9am.  So, instead of playing chess while Teresa is in Nueva eps, I’ll probably be waiting in line at a Une office.

I’ve had a problem with the box I bought months ago for my hanging files.  The width of the box is about a centimeter too wide for the files.  I thought about cutting the box in half and removing a centimeter and taping it back together again.  Instead I centered a length of duct tape to pull the sides closer together.  It isn’t perfect but it’s much better than before.  I still have the problem that the paper portion of the hanging files themselves slide back and forth over the metal supports but I haven’t figured out a way to overcome that problem – yet.

I installed one of the 2 shelf lights that my brother brought me.  I asked Teresa where she wanted me to install hers.  After a few minutes she told me she didn’t need one – that I could have it.

We left the finca at 12:05.  I was going to bring my chess set because Teresa was going to be in Nueva eps but because we no longer have internet I understood I was to wait in Une while she was in Nueva eps so I left it behind.  I brought my iPad to read my emails and my Nook to continue reading my book.  Teresa was bringing a plastic bag of fat to throw in the jungle.  I always leave just before her and wait for her at the crest of the hill.  I gave the black dog a large dog biscuit.  At the top of the hill Teresa realized she forgot the bag of fat.  She probably left it outside where the dogs would find it but she didn’t go back for it.

We waited 10 minutes for a bus to Envigado.

Laura was already waiting for us at Carbón de Leña.  I understand Laura likes her Colombian English teacher.  I had the pork shish kebab with a baked potato and the ladies each had fish.  I read my few emails and posted a message on my blog that I had lost my internet connection again.  The total came to 65mil.  (The cashier asked something about 2 juices but I didn’t understand what was going on.  Teresa told me later that they didn’t charge us for 2 juices when Albero was with us last time.  Wow, they remembered that?)  Teresa went to Neuva eps while I went to the park to play chess.  (I think Laura went to Une for me.)  I had to wait about 40 minutes before I found a partner and then I won 2 games against 2 different men.  

Teresa stopped at a Ragged women’s clothing store where we found Laura – Vicky’s daughter.  She said she’s been working there for the last 9 months.
I stopped at Citibank where I withdrew some cash.  I paid an additional charge of 17,731 pesos which I expect will be refunded to me at the end of the month.

We walked down the hill to Exito where I bought some AAA batteries for the shelf lights and Teresa picked up some hotdogs.

We took a taxi to the highway and had to wait about 20 minutes for a Fredonia bus that stops first in Caldas.  We got off at 6:30 just as it was getting dark – at least there was a half moon.  It was almost dark as we were coming down the hill and I gave the black dog a large dog biscuit.

Sure enough, we found an empty plastic bag at the finca – all the fat was gone.  (I’ll bet Tony ate it all.)

Still no internet.  I understand Laura is going to call Une tomorrow.
I finished my first 16oz. bag of peanuts.

We decided to lock the terriers in for the night because the last two nights they’ve awakened me at 4am.  We left Peter in the back shed and with some difficulty put Tony and Luna in the chicken coop.  I didn’t know how she wanted to catch them and put them in there and I didn’t know how she closed the door since it has no hinges and no lock but she finally got it done.  Now only Peluche is out and we’ll see what difference that makes tomorrow morning.

From 11pm to midnight we watched season 1, episode 3 of Fargo.

T-shirt of the day: Run more than your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment