Friday, February 12, 2016

Thursday, January 21st, 2016



I fell asleep quickly and didn’t waken until 8:30 finally getting up at 9am.
Still no internet.

We left the finca at 12:10, got past the G-dogs undetected and were on a bus after a 10 minute wait.  We got off just before the Poblado station (to avoid any lines waiting for taxis), quickly flagged down a taxi and were pleasantly surprised to find it air conditioned.

We were in El Tesoro by 1:15 so we stopped at the Cinemark movie theatre where I found out that The Revenant will be there next week.

We stopped quickly at Carulla where I printed out a joke for 200 pesos for the dentist.

After that appointment (our last for awhile) we had lunch at J&C Delicias.  Teresa had the shrimp oriental arepa and I had the small chicken broccoli Fetuccine Alfredo.  I got a good wifi connection from the mall and got caught up on my emails.  One email was from Golden Palermo hotel requesting a payment to be made to their Bancolombia account.  A new issue of Medellin Living mentioned the new addition to the Mayorca mall and that in January 2018 there will be a new mall in Envigado between Exito and Home Center – over 245 stores and a movie theatre.  I also learned that my MBE service includes a 1-kilogram package for free each month.  I also saw that the Immigration website was updated again today but my Cedula still isn’t ready.  With our drinks and tip the total came to 61,900 (about $20).

As usual Teresa walked around Zara looking at their inexpensive dresses but didn’t find anything suitable.  

We stopped in Carulla where we picked up a small bag of dog food and a bottle of Coke for me for this weekend’s championship games.

After a 10 minute wait we were on a taxi down to the Poblado station.  The driver had a radio station that was in English and I heard something about “a large object of ice out in space” before he changed it to a classic music station.  At one stoplight a young lady pulled up next to us in a motor scooter.  As usual she tried to move to the front just as the driver creeped ahead a little.  I think they collided a little; not sure whose fault it was.  She just did a quick inspection of her scooter and continued on.
(It’s now February 12, 2016 and I found the following on the internet: On March 5, 2016, somewhere around midday, eastern time, a roughly 30m wide asteroid named 2013 TX68 is going to be flying past the Earth. Although astronomers are confident that this encounter will not result in an impact, there's still enough uncertainty in its trajectory that they're not quite sure exactly how close it's going to get to us.)

We got to the bus stop just in time to catch a Tratam bus back to the finca.  At the foot of the hill Teresa found 4 tangerines on the ground.  She opened a couple that we ate on our way up the hill.  I learned that it’s difficult to eat and breathe (hard) at the same time.  It was almost dusk but there was a full moon.  The black dog came out as we passed Guillermo’s and I gave him a dog biscuit.

We got back to the finca at 6:45 and there is still no internet.

I started watching Band of Brothers again from my external hard drive.

I took 2 sleeping pills at 10:30 and went to bed at 11:15.

T-shirt of the day: Drugs in my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment