Friday, February 12, 2016

Monday, January 18th, 2016



I fell asleep quickly and only got up at 6am.  After a trip to the bathroom I unplugged the charged cell phone and turned it on just in case we got an early morning call from Une.  I heard the dogs for about 15 minutes about 7am and right after Une called.  I understood they’re coming around noon.  I finally woke up at 9am and got up at 9:20.

Teresa got a call at 10:15 that the Une guy will be here soon.  He showed up about 10:30 and spent about 10 minutes standing by the router.  He pointed to the internet light on the router and said something to Teresa.  He left and Teresa asked me to guide him past the G-dogs.  I got my fanny pack with dog biscuits, put on my sandals and walked him up the hill with no dogs, other than Tony who followed us, in sight.

Teresa told me something about a problem with their transformer down by the highway and it should be fixed sometime this afternoon allowing us to leave the finca.  Teresa wants to leave about 1:30 or 2.

Now Teresa tells me she wants to leave early tomorrow morning, like 8am.  Which means getting up at 7am; sound familiar?  Sigh!

It’s 5pm and I still don’t have internet.

I finished reading the 521 page Executive Actions by Gary Grossman.  It is well written, similar to Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan series, but I found what I thought was a key plot hole in the first 4 chapters so I might write a little review for Barnes & Noble.

Luckily, because I don’t have internet, I had already downloaded my next book, Lawrence Wright’s 494 page The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11.

Still no internet.

I took 2 sleeping pills at 10:30 and went to bed at 11:30.

T-shirt of the day: Gypsy spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment