Saturday, February 27, 2016

Friday, February 26th, 2016



Among the new US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.
We left the finca at 12:50am, I gave the black dog my last dog biscuit, and there was no wait for a bus.

In Envigado we stopped first at Nueva eps where we picked up my test results from a nurse.  (Now I know she must have dropped off the biopsy samples last time she was here.)  From Teresa’s reaction I understood the news was good – or at least not bad.  We waited about 20 minutes to get an appointment and I understand we will see a doctor Monday morning at the clinic in barrio Prado.

We stopped at Kokoriko for lunch.  I had 6 chicken wings, fries and a Coke and Teresa had some other type of cooked chicken.  It’s just another chicken place but I prefer Frisby.  The total came to 38,700 plus a 2,800 peso tip.  Even though it’s a fast food place (it seems to me), because there was a waiter who took and delivered our order, I had to tip the waiter (actually it is optional).

I bought more minutes for my cell phone for 20,000 pesos at a Gana booth.
Teresa went to get her nails done and I went to the park to play chess.  I quickly found an opponent – someone I hadn’t played before.  In the first game he pressured me throughout the game but I finally simplified and with only a rook and 3 pawns each we agreed to a draw.  He played very slowly and I think it took about 90 minutes to finish the first game.  It was 4:30 and Teresa was supposed to meet me about 5:00.  I told my opponent I could play another game but we would have to play faster.  Teresa arrived 5 minutes later but told me we weren’t in a hurry.  In the second game he was attacking my king on the kingside but I managed to simplify, he finally hung a bishop and after that it was just a matter of time before I queened a pawn and he resigned.  I think I played from about 3pm to 5:30pm.

We stopped at La Jugosa where we shared an ice cream confection for 10,100 pesos.

Teresa did some more window shopping on our way to Exito.  I picked up some bath soap and another box of dog biscuits while she picked up eggs, powdered milk, cereal, cheese and ham.

We took a taxi to the highway where we had to wait 40 minutes for a bus back to the finca.

On the way down the hill the black dog came out looking for a dog biscuit.  After not finding one he started getting a little aggressive.

We got back to the finca at 9pm.

We started watching the 2004 movie titled Man on Fire (7.7).

T-shirt of the day: Special clothing Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment