Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday, January 22nd, 2016



I got up once at 2:30, again at 5am, and the alarm went off at 7am.  Right away Teresa begged for more sleep.  I told her “no” and got up and took my shower.  She got up a few minutes after I got out of the shower.
Still no internet.

We left the finca at 8:10, got past the G-dogs undetected, and were on a bus after a 10 minute wait.  

First we stopped at Bancolombia which was open at 8:45am with almost no line.  I made my downpayment of 227,000 to Hotel Golden Palermo.
I took a photo of my Hotel Golden Palermo bank receipt using my iPad.  Now I have to wait for an internet connection in order to email it to the hotel; probably Monday.

We stopped at an indoor ATM machine where I tried to withdraw 600mil.  It didn’t work and what bothered me is that it accepted my Pin# before telling me.  We went outside to another ATM and it kept telling me to rescan my card.  I tried the next one and finally it worked without a problem.

We walked a couple blocks away to Aymará where Teresa had scrambled eggs, an arepa with cheese and hot chocolate while I just had a cup of coffee for 11,500.  I would have had more had I known we were going to have breakfast here but I was still full from the bowl of cereal I had back at the finca.

We went next door to La Barra Hogar y Tecno (Calle 129Sur #50-59) where we ordered a stovetop (cubierta) for the finca for 564mil.  The saleslady checked the measurements I brought against her salesbook.  I noticed it said “natural gas” so I questioned that and I learned that for 20mil they will make a conversion to “liquid propane”.  I put it on my debit card.
We walked a few blocks to the nursery where Teresa picked out 3 large ceramic pots, 2 large bags of potting soil, and 2 plants for 195mil.  Walter showed up, we put everything inside and we were on our way.

As we were leaving town I reminded Teresa that we need more dog food.
On the way to the highway I noticed a couple tents with a sign that said “Silver Circus”.  They looked like circus tents.

We arrived back at the finca by 10:40, Walter helped carry everything down to the finca and even assisted Teresa with placing the pots and filling them with potting soil.  I gave him 30mil for his efforts.

Still no internet.

We took a nap from 12:15 to 1:15.

Teresa told me that her sister Vicky invited us to join them in their finca in Santafe.  I told her we’ll be there next weekend and anyway more important for me is to get internet back.

Since I don’t have internet to check, I scrolled through the Direct TV channels for Saturday & Sunday looking for the NFC & AFC Championship games and I found they are both on Sunday.  Teresa was taking another nap and I was going to tell her that if she wants we can go out tomorrow but not Sunday.  In the meantime Teresa got a call and told me that Une should be here tomorrow so I guess we’ll be staying in.

Teresa spent most of the afternoon and evening planting flowers in the new pots.

I took 3 sleeping pills with my Tamsulosin at 11:15 and went to bed at 11:45.

T-shirt of the day: Hugs and donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment