Friday, February 12, 2016

Wednesday, February 10th, 2016



I got up with the alarm at 7am and Teresa got up after I came out of the shower.

We left the finca at 8:10, the black dog was waiting for us and I gave her 2 dog biscuits, and we were on a bus after a 10 minute wait.  At the side road to Caldas I counted 16 Caldas buses parked on both sides with only room for one lane in the middle.  Bus strike?

Walking to Aymara I noticed a lot of people with ashes on their foreheads so I guess today must be Ash Wednesday.  Does that mean Easter Sunday is March 21st?

We stopped across the street from the park where we paid 126,183 for next quarter’s Caldas real estate tax.

I had my usual waffle with coffee and Teresa had scrambled eggs, an arepa and chicken pastry and hot chocolate for 20,200 pesos.  I made a pit stop in their bathroom and noticed not only does the toilet have a seat and toilet paper but it’s a low flush toilet with a whisper quiet toilet seat.  Wow, I’m impressed!

We walked to Merkepaisa where together we picked up groceries for this month.  I picked up a package of bacon – we’ll see if Teresa can cook it crispy – and a package of mustard that says its American style, and a box of large sized dog biscuits.  While awaiting our turn to checkout Teresa talked to a very pregnant woman in a Nestle uniform.  After talking to her, Teresa returned her usual powdered milk packages and picked up the same by Nestle.  Then the woman gave Teresa 3 packages of colored pencils that I understood she will give to poor children.

Walter met us and loaded our groceries and we stopped at a pet store but I understood they didn’t have the dog food we wanted.  At another store we picked up a large bag of individual packages of dog food for 70mil.

On the way back to the finca I noticed the Silver Circus is still there.  Walter got stuck going up the sideroad so I had to get out to lighten the load.  

I spent some time updating my Trip Advisor reviews which I will post after I get internet back again.

Teresa and I watched a Jason Bourne movie on Direct TV.

T-shirt of the day: Oh my f*cking God.

No comments:

Post a Comment