Friday, February 12, 2016

Sunday, January 31st, 2016



The others went down to the inexpensive clothing store while Teresa and I went to Exito where I bought more socks for myself.

We checked out of Hotel Golden Palermo.  The best thing about this hotel is it’s location in a very nice neighborhood.  The worst thing is that it’s a little expensive by Colombian standards – 227,000 ($69) a night.

We took taxis to Hacienda la Extremadura in Sabaneta.  The hotel is 200 years old and is painted beautifully with wonderful views up in the hills and down in the valley.   


Teresa checked in as Ana Maria again because she hadn’t yet gotten her Cedula from the finca.  We all got rooms on the 2nd floor of a nearby building.  Each room had 4 or 5 beds including a pull out “bunk bed”.  

We took taxis to Sabaneta where we walked around a little.   

I found the billiard parlor, a block south of Parque Sabaneta, that supposedly has a chess club on the 2nd floor.  

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I love how green it is and how close to nature. Thanks for sharing, I am enjoying reading your blogs and I envy you. We are hoping to go to Colombia in a year.

    ReplyDelete