Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday, January 29th, 2016



We took 2 buses to Laureles and dropped off our clothing bag at Hotel Golden Palermo.  I confirmed our reservation and the other that my brother, Jim, had made.

I found Lucas at El Comedor de Chava and talked to him for a few minutes.  I forgot my swimming suit so I bought an inexpensive one for 14mil and a t-shirt at the inexpensive store down the street on Calle 35.  I paid my health insurance for the month at Viva’s Bancolombia.  In the meantime Teresa window shopped around a little at Mall Laureles.

We took a taxi downtown to Parque Berrio and walked 3 blocks north to the bus station behind Nutibara hotel.  We were on our way after about a 15 minute wait.  I believe these airport buses leave as soon as they have 4 or 5 people on them.

We were at the airport an hour later, still an hour early for the 5:07 scheduled landing so we had lunch at J&C Delicias.

They landed on time, came out with their bags: my brother Jim, his girlfriend Joan, our half-sister Cyd and her boyfriend Bruce.  Bruce is an amateur photographer so he is the designated photographer for the trip.
After trips to the bathroom and the ATM we took a bus to San Diego mall where we quickly were in taxis to Hotel Grand Palermo in Laureles.

Here is where things got interesting.  

I presented my Cedula, the gringos their passports but Teresa had forgotten to bring her Cedula and I understood she wouldn’t be allowed to stay in the hotel without one.  Instead of going back to the finca to spend the night, she called her good friend Ana Maria and invited her to join us at the restaurant.  I thought, mistakenly, that she Teresa would be staying at Ana Maria’s apartment tonight.

We walked down to Parque Laureles #2 and crossed the street to the Cuban restaurant La Bodequita Havanera.  My brother really likes this place because of their music although we all agreed it was too loud to talk.

After an ok dinner we listened to the music.  Ana Maria arrived and joined us for a drink.  I understood she gave Teresa her Cedula.

We said goodbye to Ana Maria and back at the hotel Teresa presented Ana Maria’s Cedula and it was accepted.  Luckily there was a different person working behind the desk so that may have facilitated things.  From now on we referred to her as Ana Maria.

We were all happy with our rooms although our deadbolt didn’t work and I would rather not sleep under a duvet.  A sheet, blanket, plus another sheet is just too warm for me.  Thanks to my 3 sleeping pills I slept well but the others complained of a little noise because they were on the street side.

No comments:

Post a Comment