Friday, February 12, 2016

Wednesday, January 20th, 2016



I got up once at 2:30, again at 6:30 finally waking/getting up at 8:15.
Still no internet.

Today is my 3rd anniversary here in Medellin, Colombia.

We left the finca at 10:20, got past the G-dogs undetected and were on a bus after a 2 minute wait.

We met Laura in Carbón de Leña where she had lunch and we had a juice and I started reading all my emails.

Teresa went to Nueva eps while I went to the park to play chess.  I played two games against an older man and won them both.

Teresa came back and we went to Carbón de Leña for lunch.  Teresa told me that we have to go back to the Guayabal clinic.  Teresa had fish and I ordered something from the menu - chicken brochette (shish kebab).  Teresa also had mazamorra and I had 2 iced teas.  I prefer peach tea but lemon is very popular here and that’s all they had.  The total came to 33,500 (about $10).  I managed to locate the Immigraion website but my Cedula wasn’t on the list for pickup.

I received a text message that said because of the Zika virus the government recommends no one get pregnant until July.

Teresa went to get her nails done and I went to play more chess.  I found a young strong player and I won the first game but he won the next 2.  I played one of his friends but quickly beat him.  Another of his friends sat down and after pushing me around in the opening I finally got the upper hand but he resigned because I understood he had to go.  I met Teresa at a nail shop where she gotten a pretty manicure for just 5mil.

We walked over to Exito where Teresa picked up some vegetables and I picked up a bottle of hand soap for the bathroom and a box of dog biscuits.  We had to wait in line for about 30 minutes to pay for everything.

We walked a few blocks away and after waiting about 10 minutes we finally caught a taxi.  I understood the driver knew there was an accident on the way to the highway so he dropped us off at the metro station and we walked up and over to the other side.

We were on a bus after a 10 minute wait and we got the last 2 seats in the back.

Traffic moved pretty well, there was nearly a full moon, I paid my 2 dog biscuit toll and we arrived back at the finca by 7:15.

Still no internet.  Teresa finally got in touch with someone at Une.  She told me that there is a serious, delicate problem that is affecting many users from here to the ocean so we just have to be patient.  I told Teresa to ask them next time why I should continue paying my bill when I’m not receiving their service.

I took 2 sleeping pills with my Tamsulosin at 10:30 and Teresa went to bed at 10:50pm.  I stayed up to continue watching a History channel documentary.  My best guess as to the title is Giants of Industry including Vanderbilt, Rockefeller, Carnegie, and Ford.

T-shirt of the day: I’m jealous of me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment