Monday, September 10, 2018

Friday, August 24, 2018


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly but woke up at 4:15.  Figuring I wasn’t going to get back to sleep I got up at 5:15.

It was still raining lightly when I got up.

I finally got my appetite back.

Teresa woke/got up at 6:30.

We were out of milk so Teresa sent me to the corner store at 6:45 in a light mist.  They were closed.  I returned just after 7am and they were open.

I had my usual pre workout brekfast of scrambled eggs and a muffin with strawberry preserves.

I took a little nap from 8 to 8:45.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  On my way I noticed Une workers down the street, a couple blocks away, working on the wires.  At the gym I completed all my exercises in 2 hours; another good day with no problem with my hamstrings.  (It was nice to at least have an internet connection while at the gym.)  I figure if we don’t have wifi back by tomorrow either I’ll make a trip to Patricks Irish Sports Pub or take my laptop to some public wifi spot like McDonalds or Starbucks.  On the way back to the apartment I noticed Une workers were now working across the street from the apt so I have hope.

Teresa has back-to-back massage appointments at Stella Duran from 3-5pm so I’ll probably go with her and hang out at the hostel.
Teresa asked me to call for an Uber car forgetting that we don’t have wifi.

We left the apt at 2:30 and after walking a block north we caught a taxi to Stella Duran for 11mil.

While she went in for her massages I went to the nearby hostel called Casa Blanca.  They had wifi but their internet connection was so weak they might as well not had it.  Luckily I brought my paperback with me so I read that for most of 2 hours.

Teresa came out just before 5pm and we quickly caught a taxi back to the apt for 10mil.

I noticed a banner across the street advertising a number of races (2k, 4k) including a marathon on September 16th.

Hopefully they would have the wifi fixed when we got back but unfortunately not!

At 6:50 Teresa asks me if I want to go for pizza.  Sure!  But we are going to wait until 8pm so her mother can join us.

And at 7:45 Teresa decides we’ll order from La Casita Parilla instead and go for pizza another day.

Because we have no wifi I’ve been flying through my paperback book.  I’ve decided when I’m shopping for paperback in the bookstore to concentrate on those that are identified as being #1 New York Times Bestseller.

Today’s Step Count was 7,832.

Joke of the day
Do you remember Andy Rooney from 60 Minutes?
Andy Rooney on answering machines.
Did you ever hear one of these corny positive messages on someone's answering machine? “Hi, it's a great day and I'm out enjoying it right now. I hope you are too. The thought for the day is: ‘Share the love.’ BEEP”
"Uh, yeah...this is the VD clinic calling....Speaking of being positive, your test results are back. Stop sharing the love."

No comments:

Post a Comment