Thursday, September 13, 2018

Wednesday, September 12, 2018


Last night it took about an hour to fall asleep; probably because I napped too much yesterday.  I got up once at 6:30 and Teresa woke me up at 8:15 and I got up.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  As I was putting things in my locker I realized I had forgotten my cellphone and I had also forgotten to put on my step counter this morning.  Forgetting the latter will probably cost me 2,000-3,000 steps.  Halfway through my workout I realized I had forgotten to take off my watch and leave it in the locker.  I completed all my exercises in an hour and 45 minutes.

I received a notification from a couple, David and Isabel, who are visiting from Atlanta.  I sent them a copy of my Tips for First Time Visitors to Medellin and we made plans to meet at their AirBnB tomorrow morning.

After lunch I took a nap from 2:15 to 3pm.

I left the apt at 3:30 for the 3:30 showing of The Mercy (6.0) at Vizcaya at 4:30.  I quickly caught a bus but traffic was very slow; surprisingly it was slower between Envigado and Poblado then on the Gold Mile.  Workers are nearing completion of a new building that has been under construction for the past few years.  Today I saw a small store has opened on the ground level – kind of like a 7-11 in the States.

It was 4:20 when I got off the bus and was waiting for another to carry me up Calle 10.  I arrived at the theater right at 4:30.  I bought a preferred seat for 3,750 pesos.  I bought a small popcorn and medium soda and was surprised as I entered the theater at 4:38 that the movie had already started; usually there is 15-20 minutes of trailers and advertisements.  There was a pretty good crowd in the theater.  The movie dragged a little and had a sad ending.

I walked down the hill and quickly caught a Sabaneta bus with lots of seats available.  As we were crawling through traffic I realized that I needed to take a crap.  I figured I was 30 minutes from getting to Envigado so I got off at Office Depot and walked the last block to Starbucks.  Someone was already in the only restroom so I went next door to Krispy Kreme where I found the men’s room available.

Walking back to Office Depot I saw 2 Sabaneta buses go by with lots of seats available.  As I was waiting to cross the street I saw a 3rd go by.  I saw a 4th approaching and this time it caught the red light and I was able to get on with no problem getting a seat.

Just passed Santafe mall I noticed a Starbucks sign on the same new building I mentioned earlier.

Just as we got to Envigado it started raining.  The rain lessened by the time I got off so I stopped at the corner store and bought 2 bags of milk.

When I returned to the apt Teresa’s friend Esmeralda was visiting.
Tonight I made significant progress but I still have 155 unread emails.

Today’s Step Count was 6,150.

Joke of the day
Bob, a 70-year-old extremely wealthy widower, shows up at
the Country Club with a breathtakingly beautiful and very sexy
25-year-old blonde who knocks everyone's socks off with her youthful sex appeal and charm and who hangs on Bob's arm and listens intently to his every word. His buddies at the club are all in shock.
At the first opportunity, they corner him and ask, 'Bob, how'd you get the trophy girlfriend?'
Bob replies, 'Girlfriend? She's my wife!'
They can’t believe it, but continue to ask. 'So, how'd you convince her to marry you?'
'I lied about my age', Bob replies.
'What, did you tell her you were only 50?'
Bob smiles and says, 'No, I told her I was 90.'

No comments:

Post a Comment