Monday, September 10, 2018

Wednesday, August 29, 2018



I slept well despite getting up twice during the night, waking at 5:30 and getting up at 6:30.

As usual I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I completed all but 2 of my exercises in an hour and 40 minutes.  I left a little early because I thought Teresa would be serving an early lunch and I need time to cool down, shower and relax a bit beforehand.

Teresa left to go with her mother for her water exercise.  I’m sure Teresa will be somewhere on the “sideline” because I don’t think she can swim a lick.

I continue to solve 40 chess puzzles a day.  So far, for this 2nd cycle I have improved my speed and my accuracy – the latter so far improving from an average of 75% to 90%.
Teresa called me about 3:30 and informed me that Jose emailed me and that I should answer.  I told her I can’t answer because we don’t have any internet.

She said she’s returning to the apt so maybe we’ll have time to see the movie at Oviedo at 6pm.

At 4:30 I noticed a black Une van outside.  A few minutes later I saw a man standing outside on the sidewalk manipulating some device that looked from here like a credit card reader.

Teresa returned a few minutes later and told me Une is outside.  Laura called a few minutes later and told me she’s in Santafe mall and Une is outside the apt.  That makes it unanimous.  Une fixing the wifi is top priority – if they finish on time we’ll go outside and catch a taxi real quick for the movie.  Our options are Oviedo at 6pm or Vizcaya at 6:30.

Laura called Teresa and told her she would not be able to meet us for the movie.

About 5:15 Teresa talked to the men working outside and they assured her they would not need to get in the apt.  We walked down the hill and quickly caught a taxi to Oviedo.  We bought our preferred seating tickets for 7,250 each (half price Tuesday/Wednesday) and found out that the movie doesn’t start until 6:30.

We went downstairs to the food court where Teresa bought a turkey sandwich for us to share at Subway.

Back upstairs we killed some time looking at our cellphones then got in line and bought a large soda for Teresa, a medium soda for me, and a small popcorn to share for a total of 19,200.  I wanted to buy a package of their Cine Pop popcorn to try but it took them so long to figure out which button to press that I ended up cancelling it.  My remaining balance is 16,000 pesos and I now have something like 32 tickets purchased using my Cine Colombia card.

We both enjoyed The Equalizer 2 starring Denzel Washington.
Outside the mall we immediately caught a taxi back to the apt for 8mil.

As soon as I entered the apt I could tell that … we still don’t have wifi.  Drat!  It looks like I’ll be going to Parque Lleras again tomorrow night to watch the Bears vs Buffalo Bills which starts at 7pm.

Today’s Step Count was 9,222.

Joke of the day
Andy Rooney on Grandma.
My grandmother has a bumper sticker on her car that says, 'Sexy Senior Citizen.' You don't want to think of your grandmother that way, do you? Out entering wet shawl contests. Makes you wonder where she got that dollar she gave you for your birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment