Monday, September 10, 2018

Sunday, September 2, 2018



I only got up once about 5:30 but still felt tired after getting up at 6:30.  I returned to bed several times but never could fall asleep.

About 11am Teresa and I walked down to Exito where we found everything undergoing major changes.  For example, as we walked down aisles workers were assembling, disassembling and moving shelves, the fast checkout aisles have been relocated, Juan Valdez café is no longer there and in its place are additional cashiers leading to the parking area.  I bought 3 packages of Cine Pop butter microwave popcorn.

We walked to Home Center where Teresa picked out a Black & Decker iron and I picked up a package of 10 hangers for my closet and a 24cm microwave safe plate.  We took a taxi back to the apt for the minimum fare of 5,400 pesos.  According to the driver the new mall is supposed to have some big sale on Friday even though it isn’t opening for another month or so.  Doesn’t sound right to me.

After a late lunch, about 3:30 I walked to Todo Drogas for my monthly medications but it was already closed (1:45pm).  There was some type of live music in the park but I went to the bakery where I had a café con leche and used their internet to read some news & sports.

Back at the apt I just relaxed and watched some TV.

I learned that Laura loved the gym shoes so that problem is solved.
I can’t wait for the new NFL season to start; is the first game this Thursday night?

It’s sad to see all the Venezuelans fleeing their country.  I know a few of them will travel all the way to the US but there are a lot of closer countries and since Colombia is one of them it’s nice to see them doing some things to make life easier for them.

Laura came back about 7:30 and I understand she got paid 400,000 pesos for the previous 2 weeks.  It’s not a lot of money ($135) but its good experience for her – working, meeting people, and practicing English.

When she learned we still don’t have internet she called someone and at one point in their conversation she read off some information on the bottom of the modem (that’s what they call it but I think it’s a router).  After she hung up she told me Une believes everything is working fine outside (now?) so someone is coming tomorrow afternoon to change routers.

Today’s Step Count was 5,250.

Joke of the day
A man is on his Harley motorcycle riding along a California beach when suddenly the clouds cleared above his head and, in a booming voice, God said, 'because you have been faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish.'
The biker pulled over and said, 'I would like you to build a bridge to Colombia so I can ride over and visit my girlfriend anytime I want.'
God replied, 'Your request is very materialistic; think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking; the supports require reaching the bottom of the Pacific and the concrete and steel it would take!  I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for such a worldly thing.   Take a little more time and think of something that could possibly be of some help to mankind.'
The biker thought about it for a long time. Finally, he said, ‘God, I wish that I, and all men, could understand women.  I want to know what she’s thinking when she won’t talk to me, why she cries for no reason, what she means when she says nothing’s wrong, why she gets mad at me and complains when I try to help, and how I can make a woman truly happy.’
God replied: 'You want two lanes for that bridge or four?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment